(3) fat also cannot be used anaerobically or by cells that lack mitochondria.
• The glucose-fatty acid cycle: When in ample supply, glucose limits oxidation of fat, and when glucose is scarce, oxidation of fat limits glucose consumption. Hormonal regulation of metabolism largely operates through the glucose-fatty acid cycle.
• Glucose is preserved for the brain and other glucose-dependent cells during food deprivation: Insulin secretion decreases, whereas secretion of glucagon and growth hormone
(GH) increases, and T3 production from T4 decreases.
• Substrate utilization during short-term maximal effort depends largely on anaerobic degradation of glycogen stores.
• Plasma free fatty acids provide 50-60% of the fuel during sustained exercise, and plasma glucose and muscle glycogen provide the remainder.
• Long-term regulation of fuel stores depends on signals arising in the adipose tissue and the hypothalamus to regulate food intake and energy expenditure.
Was this article helpful?
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.