• The stroke volume is determined by the contractility, the filling pressure, the arterial pressure, and the ventricle's diastolic compliance. Hence, small changes in venous pressure profoundly affect the stroke volume and thus the cardiac output.
• Because the right heart is in series with the left heart, the output of one generates the filling pressure for the other, which keeps the two outputs synchronized.
• The systolic pressure-volume area is proportional to the oxygen consumption of the heart.
• Wall stress in the heart is proportional to the pressure in the ventricle times its radius (law of LaPlace).
• The ejection fraction is the most commonly used clinical index to assess contractility. The end-systolic volume-pressure relationship is the most accurate index available.
Was this article helpful?
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.