• The adolescent growth spurt that follows puberty results from increased secretion of gonadal hormones and in males depends upon extragonadal conversion of androgens to estrogens.
• The pubertal growth spurt results from increased amplitude of GH secretory pulses induced by gonadal steroid hormones.
• Estrogens hasten epiphyseal closure and therefore limit growth.
• Androgens directly stimulate growth of soft tissue (e.g., muscle).
• Normal growth and good health require optimal amounts of glucocorticoids but at high concentrations antagonize the growth promoting actions of GH.
Was this article helpful?
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.