• Deflections in the ECG correspond to electrical events on the heart. Action potentials on cardiac muscle cells create extracellular voltages. The thorax acts as a volume conductor so that the voltages generated by the cells are conducted to the body surface.
• The P wave represents atrial depolarization; the QRS complex represents ventricular depolarization; the T wave represents ventricular repolarization.
• The PR interval is influenced by the conduction time in the AV node.
• The QT interval is influenced by the duration of ventricular action potentials and conduction time over the ventricle.
• There are six limb leads, which can be used to calculate the electrical vectors of the waves in the frontal plane.
• Unipolar leads are used to explore the chest, which gives front-to-back information about the electrical vectors.
• Bundle branch block or hypertrophy of a chamber can alter the angle of the QRS wave's electrical vector, which is normally in the left lower quadrant.
• Myocardial ischemia produces a current of injury that moves the ST segment off of the baseline.
Essential Medical Physiology, Third Edition
Was this article helpful?
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.