1. Oftedal, O.T. The mammary gland and its origin during synapsid evolution. J. Mammary Gland Biol. Neoplasia 2002, 7, 225 252.
2. Oftedal, O.T. The origin of lactation as a water source for parchment shelled eggs. J. Mammary Gland Biol. Neopla sia 2002, 7, 253 266.
3. Keenan, T.W.; Patton, S. The Structure of Milk: Implica tions for Sampling and Storage. A. The Milk Lipid Globule Membrane. In Handbook of Milk Composition; Jensen, R.G., Ed.; Academic Press: San Diego, 1995; 5 50.
4. Linzell, J.L.; Peaker, M. Mechanism of milk secretion. Physiol. Rev. 1971, 51, 564 597.
5. Linzell, J.L. Milk yield, energy loss in milk, and mammary gland weight in different species. Dairy Sci. Abstr. 1972, 34, 351 360.
6. Oftedal, O.T. Milk composition, milk yield and energy output at peak lactation: A comparative review. Symp. Zool. Soc. Lond. 1984, 51, 33 85.
7. Stern, A.A.; Kunz, T.H.; Studier, E.H.; Oftedal, O.T. Milk composition and lactational output in the greater spear nosed bat, Phyllostomus hastatus. J. Comp. Physiol. B 1997, 167, 389 398.
8. Griffiths, M. The Biology ofMonotremes; Academic Press: New York, 1997.
9. Green, B.; Merchant, J.C. The Composition of Marsupial Milk. In The Developing Marsupial. Models for Biomed ical Research; Tyndale Biscoe, C.H., Janssens, P.A., Eds.; Springer Verlag: Berlin, 1988; 41 54.
10. Barclay, R.M.R. Does energy or calcium availability constrain reproduction by bats? Symp. Zool. Soc. Lond. 1995, 67, 245 258.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.