1. Baldwin, R.L. Modeling Ruminant Digestion and Metabo lism; Chapman & Hall: New York, 1995.
2. Baldwin, R.L; Allison, M.J. Rumen metabolism. J. Anim. Sci. 1983, 57 (Suppl. 2), 461 477.
3. ARC. The Nutrient Requirements of Farm Livestock. No. 2 Ruminants; Agricultural Research Council: London, 1965.
4. Lofgreen, G.P.; Garrett, W.N. A system for expressing the net energy requirements and feed values for growing and finishing cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 1968, 27, 793 806.
5. van Milgen, J.; Noblet, J. Partitioning of energy intake to heat, protein, and fat in growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 2003, 81 (E. Suppl. 2), E86 E93.
6. Reynolds, C.K. Economics of visceral energy metabolism in ruminants: Toll keeping or internal revenue service? J. Anim. Sci. 2002, 80 (E. Suppl. 2), E74 E84.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.