1. Van Soest, P.J. Nutritional Ecology of the Ruminant, 2nd Ed.; Cornell University Press: Ithaca, NY, 1994.
2. Mochi, U.; Carter, T.D. Hoofed Mammals of the World; Charles Scribner's Sons: NY, 1971.
3. Gentry, A.W.; Hooker, J.J. The Phylogeny of the Artio dactyla. In The Phylogeny and Classification of the Tetrapods Volume 2: Mammals; Benton, M.J., Ed.;
Systematics Association Special, Clarendon Press: Oxford, 1988; Vol. 35B, 235 272.
4. Hofmann, R.R. Evolutionary steps of ecophysiological adap tation and diversification of ruminants: A comparative view of their digestive system. Oecologia 1989, 78,443 457.
5. Hume, I.D.; Warner, A.C.I. The Evolution of Fermentative Digestion. In Digestive Physiology and Metabolism in Ruminants; Ruckebusch, Y., Thivend, P., Eds.; M.T.P. Press Ltd.: Lancaster, England, 1980; 665.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.