1. Buchwalder, T.; Huber Eicher, B. A brief report on ag gressive interactions within and between groups of domestic turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo). Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 2003, 84, 75 80.
2. Nixey, C. Lighting for the production and welfare of turkeys. World's Poultry Sci. J. 1994, 50, 292 294.
3. Farm Animal Welfare Council. Report on the Welfare of Turkeys; Tolworth: UK, 1995; 13 15.
4. Ellerbrock, S.; Knierim, U. Static space requirements of male meat turkeys. Vet. Rec. 2002, 151, 54 57.
5. Sherwin, C.M.; Lewis, P.D.; Perry, G.C. Effects of environmental enrichment, fluorescent and intermittent lighting on injurious pecking amongst male turkey poults. Br. Poultry Sci. 1999, 40, 592 598.
6. Sherwin, C.M.; Devereux, C.L. A preliminary investigation of ultraviolet visible markings on domestic turkey chicks and a possible role in injurious pecking. Br. Poultry Sci. 1999, 40, 429 433.
Todd J. Applegate
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.A.
Was this article helpful?
All Natural Immune Boosters Proven To Fight Infection, Disease And More. Discover A Natural, Safe Effective Way To Boost Your Immune System Using Ingredients From Your Kitchen Cupboard. The only common sense, no holds barred guide to hit the market today no gimmicks, no pills, just old fashioned common sense remedies to cure colds, influenza, viral infections and more.