1. Buchwalder, T.; Huber Eicher, B. A brief report on ag gressive interactions within and between groups of domestic turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo). Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 2003, 84, 75 80.
2. Nixey, C. Lighting for the production and welfare of turkeys. World's Poultry Sci. J. 1994, 50, 292 294.
3. Farm Animal Welfare Council. Report on the Welfare of Turkeys; Tolworth: UK, 1995; 13 15.
4. Ellerbrock, S.; Knierim, U. Static space requirements of male meat turkeys. Vet. Rec. 2002, 151, 54 57.
5. Sherwin, C.M.; Lewis, P.D.; Perry, G.C. Effects of environmental enrichment, fluorescent and intermittent lighting on injurious pecking amongst male turkey poults. Br. Poultry Sci. 1999, 40, 592 598.
6. Sherwin, C.M.; Devereux, C.L. A preliminary investigation of ultraviolet visible markings on domestic turkey chicks and a possible role in injurious pecking. Br. Poultry Sci. 1999, 40, 429 433.
Todd J. Applegate
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.A.
Was this article helpful?
Studies show obesity may soon overtake tobacco as the leading cause of death in world. Who Else Could Use 101 'Everyday' Ways to Lose 10 Pounds or more and Keep it Off! You've been putting it off too long. Hey, everyone needs to lose weight from time to time. You're no different!