1. Arrow, K. Social Choice and Individual Values. Wiley and Co: New York, 1951.
2. Sen, A.K. On Ethics and Economics. Oxford U. Press: Oxford, 1987.
3. Rollin, B.E. Farm Animal Welfare. Iowa State U. Press: Ames, 1995.
4. Appleby, M.C. What Should We Do About Animal Welfare?. Blackwell Science: Oxford, UK, 1999.
5. Fraser, D. Animal ethics and animal welfare science: Bridging the two cultures. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 1999, 65, 171 189.
6. Thompson, P.B. Getting Pragmatic About Farm Animal Welfare. In Animal Pragmatism: Rethinking Human Nonhuman Relationships. McKenna, E., Light, A., Eds.; Indiana U. Press: Bloomington, IN, 2004. Forthcoming.
7. Singer, P. Animal Liberation. Avon Books: New York, 1977.
8. Regan, T. The Case for Animal Rights. U. California Press: Berkeley, 1986.
9. Wise, S.M. Rattling the Cage: Toward Legal Rights for Animals. Perseus Press: Cambridge, MA, 2000.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.