1. Weller, J.I. Quantitative Trait Loci Analysis in Animals; CABI Publishing: Wallingford, UK, 2001; 217 242.
2. Smith, C. Improvement of metric traits through specific genetic loci. Anim. Prod. 1967, 9, 349 358.
3. Georges, M.; Massey, J.M. Velogenetics, or the synergistic use of marker assisted selection and germ line manipulation. Theriogenology 1991, 35, 151 159.
4. Soller, M. The use of loci associated with quantitative effects in dairy cattle improvement. Anim. Prod. 1978, 27, 133 139.
5. Fernando, R.L.; Grossman, M. Marker assisted selection using best linear unbiased prediction. Genet. Sel. Evol. 1989, 21, 467 477.
6. Spelman, R.J. Utilization of Molecular Information in Dairy Cattle Breeding. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Montpellier, France, Aug 19 23, 2002; 2002. CD Rom Communication No. 22:02.
7. Boichard, D.; Fritz, S.; Rossignol, M.N.; Boscher, M.Y.; Malafosse, A.; Colleau, J.J. Implementation of Marker Assisted Selection in French Dairy Cattle. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Montpellier, France, Aug 19 23, 2002; 2002. CD Rom Communication No. 22:03.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.