1. VanRaden, P.M. History of USDA Dairy Evaluations; 2003. http://aipl.arsusda.gov/aipl/history/hist eval.htm (accessed Sept 2003).
2. Norman, H.D.; Powell, R.L.; Wright, J.R.; Sattler, C.G. Timeliness and effectiveness of progeny testing through artificial insemination. J. Dairy Sci. 2003, 84 (8), 1899 1912.
3. Wiggans, G.R. Issues in defining a genetic evaluation model. Inter. Bull Eval. Serv. Bull 2001, 26, 8 12.
4. Norman, H.D.; Lawlor, T.J.; Wright, J.R.; Powell, R.L. Performance of Holstein clones in the United States. J. Dairy Sci. 2004, 87 (3), 729 738.
5. Jasiorowski, H.A.; Stolzman, M.; Reklewski, Z. The International Friesian Strain Comparison Trial, a World Perspective; Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: Rome, Italy, 1988.
6. International Bull Evaluation Service. Interbull Summary; 1999. http://www interbull.slu.se/summary/framesida summary.htm (accessed Sept 2003).
7. VanRaden, P.M. Selection of dairy cattle for lifetime profit. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Montpellier, France, Aug 19 23, 2002; 2002; 29, 127 130.
James D. Ferguson
University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Was this article helpful?
Far too many people struggle to fall pregnant and conceive a child naturally. This book looks at the reasons for infertility and how using a natural, holistic approach can greatly improve your chances of conceiving a child of your own without surgery and without drugs!