1. Reynolds, L.P.; Redmer, D.A. Utero placental vascular development and placental function. J. Anim. Sci. 1995, 73, 1839 1851.
2. Bell, A.W.; Ferrell, C.L.; Freetly, H.C. Pregnancy and Fetal Metabolism. In Quantitative Aspects of Digestion and Metabolism, 2nd Ed.; Dijkstra, J., Ed.; CAB International, 2004; in press.
3. Teng, C.C.; Tjoa, S.; Fennessey, P.V.; Wilkening, R.B.; Battaglia, F.C. Transplacental carbohydrate and sugar alcohol concentrations and their uptakes in ovine pregnancy. Exp. Biol. Med. 2002, 227, 189 195.
4. Battaglia, F.C.; Regnault, T.R.H. Placental transport and metabolism of amino acids. Placenta 2001, 22, 145 161.
5. Cariappa, R.; Heath Monnig, E.; Smith, C.H. Isoforms of amino acid transporters in placental syncytiotrophoblast: Plasma membrane localization and potential role in maternal/fetal transport. Placenta 2003, 24, 713 726.
6. Paolini, C.L.; Meschia, G.; Fennessey, P.V.; Pike, A.W.; Teng, C.; Battaglia, F.C.; Wilkening, R.B. An in vivo study of placental transport of essential amino acids. Am. J. Physiol. 2001, 280, E31 E39.
7. Rurak, D.W. Development and Function of the Placenta. In Fetal Growth and Development; Harding, R., Bocking, A.D., Eds.; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, 2001; 17 43.
8. Keelan, J.A.; Blumenstein, M.; Helliwell, R.J.A.; Sato, T.A.; Marvin, K.W.; Mitchell, M.D. Cytokines, prosta glandins and parturition A review. Placenta 2003, 24 (Supplement A), S33 S46. Trophoblast Research, Vol. 17.
Was this article helpful?
Are you looking to lose weight or even just tone up? What is stopping you from having the body you want and help you feel great at the same time? I created Weight Loss All-Star for all those wanting to lose weight, and keep the weight off. I know how hard it is to do diets and stick with them, and get the motivation to get up and exercise.