1. Neumann, C.; Harris, D.M.; Rogers, L.M. Contribution of animal source foods in improving diet quality and function in children in the developing world. Nutr. Res. 2002, 22, 193 220.
2. Delgado, C.; Rosegrant, M.; Steinfeld, H.; Ehui, C.; Courbois, C. Livestock to 2020: The Next Food Revolution; Food, Agriculture and the Environment Discussion Paper No. 28, International Food Policy Research Institute: Washington, DC, 1999.
3. Fadel, J.G. Quantitative analysis of selected plant by product feedstuffs, a global perspective. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 1999, 79, 255 268.
4. Steinfeld, H.; de Haan, C.; Blackburn, H. Livestock Environment Interactions: Issues and Options; Report of a Study Coordinated by FAO, USAID and World Bank, 1997; 115 pp. (FAO, Rome).
5. CAST. Animal Agriculture and Global Food Supply; Report No. 135, Council for Agricultural Science and Technology: Ames, IA, 1999; 92 pp.
6. Waggoner, P.E. Food, Feed and Land. In Food, Feed and Land: The Good Life, Justice and Global Stewardship; Crockett, D.A., Linden, T., Eds.; Rowan and Littlefield Publishers: Lanham, MD, 1998; 69 94.
7. Havenstein, G.B.; Ferket, P.R.; Scheideler, S.E.; Larson, B.T. Growth, livability and feed conversion of 1957 vs. 1991 broilers when fed ''typical'' 1957 and 1991 broiler diets. Poultry Sci. 1994, 73 (12), 1785 1794.
R. Anne Pearson
University of Edinburgh, Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine, Scotland, U.K.
Was this article helpful?