1. USDA ERS. United States Department of Agriculture Eco nomic Research Service. www.ers.usda.gov/data/manure. (accessed June 2004).
2. Gollehon, N.; Caswell, M.; Ribaudo, M.; Kellogg, R.; Lander, C.; Letson, D. Confined Animal Production and Manure Nutrients; Agriculture Information Bulletin No. 771, Resource Economics Division, Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2001.
3. NRCS. USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. CORE4 Conservation Practices Training Guide; 1999.
4. Beegle, D.B.; Kelling, K.A.; Schmitt, M.A. Nitrogen from Animal Manures. In Nitrogen in Agricultural Soils; American Society of Agronomy Monograph, American Society of Agronomy: Madison, WI, Vol. x, in press.
5. Munoz, G.R.; Kelling, K.A.; Powell, J.M.; Speth, P.E.
Comparison of estimates of first year dairy manure N availability or recovery using 15N and other techniques. J. Environ. Qual. 2004, 33, 719 727.
6. Ivensen, K.V.; Davis, J.G.; Vigil, M.F. Variability of Manure Nutrient Content and Impact on Manure Sampling Protocol; Agronomy Abstracts, American Society of Agronomy: Madison, Winconsin, 1997; 239.
7. Nowak, P.; Shepard, R.; Madison, F. Farmers and Manure Management: A Critical Analysis. In Animal Waste Utilization: Effective Use of Manure as a Soil Resource; Hatfield, J.L., Stewart, B.A., Eds.; Ann Arbor Press: Chelsea, Michigan, 1998; 1 32.
8. Meisinger, J.J.; Jokela, W.E. Ammonia Volatilization from Dairy and Poultry Manure. In Managing Nutrients and Pathogens from Animal Agriculture; Natural Resource, Agriculture, and Engineering Service (NRARS): Cooper ative Extension, 152 Riley Robb Hall, Ithaca, NY, 2000; 334 354.
9. Risse, L.M.; Cabrera, M.L.; Franzluebbers, A.J.; Gaskin, J.W.; Gilley, J.E.; Killorn, R.; Radcliffe, D.E.; Tollner, W.E.; Zhang, H. Land Application of Manure for Beneficial Reuse. In National Center for Animal Manure and Waste Management. Summary of White Papers; 2001. http://www.cals.ncsu.edu:8050/waste mgt/natlcenter/ summary.pdf (accessed June 2004).
10. Roos, K.F. Profitable Alternatives for Regulatory Impacts on Livestock Waste Management. In National Livestock, Poultry and Aquaculture Waste Management; Balke, J., Donald, J., Magette, W., Eds.; American Society of Agricultural Engineers: St. Joseph, Michigan, 1992; 89 99.
John A. Marchello Elaine V. Marchello
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
Was this article helpful?
Studies show obesity may soon overtake tobacco as the leading cause of death in world. Who Else Could Use 101 'Everyday' Ways to Lose 10 Pounds or more and Keep it Off! You've been putting it off too long. Hey, everyone needs to lose weight from time to time. You're no different!