1. Mench, J.A.; Keeling, L.J. The Social Behaviour of Domestic Birds. In Social Behaviour in Farm Animals; Keeling, L.J., Gonyou, H., Eds.; CAB International: Wall ingford, UK, 2001; 177 210.
2. Appleby, M.C.; Mench, J.A.; Hughes, B.O. Poultry Behaviour and Welfare; CAB International: Wallingford, UK, in press.
3. Mench, J.A. The welfare of poultry in modern production systems. Poult. Sci. Rev. 1992, 4, 107 128.
4. Duncan, I.J.H. Animal welfare issues in the poultry industry: Is there a lesson to be learned? J. Appl. Anim. Welf. Sci. 2001, 4, 207 222.
5. Hester, P.Y.; Shea Moore, M. Beak trimming egg laying strains of chickens. World's Poult. Sci. J. 2003, 59, 458 474.
6. Newberry, R.C.; Webster, A.B.; Lewis, N.J.; Van Arnam, C. Management of spent hens. J. Appl. Anim. Welf. Sci. 1999, 2, 13 29.
7. Measuring and Auditing Broiler Welfare; Weeks, C.A., Butterworth, A., Eds.; CAB International: Wallingford, UK, in press.
8. Mench, J.A. Broiler breeders: Feed restriction and welfare. World's Poult. Sci. J. 2002, 58, 23 29.
9. Weeks, C.A.; Nicol, C.J. Poultry Handling and Transport. In Livestock Handling and Transport, 2nd Ed.; Grandin, T., Ed.; CAB International: Wallingford, UK, 2000; 363 384.
Was this article helpful?
Studies show obesity may soon overtake tobacco as the leading cause of death in world. Who Else Could Use 101 'Everyday' Ways to Lose 10 Pounds or more and Keep it Off! You've been putting it off too long. Hey, everyone needs to lose weight from time to time. You're no different!