1. Jacobs, G.H.; Deegan, J.F.; Neitz, J. Photo pigment basis for dichromatic colour vision in cows, goats and sheep. Vis. Neurosci. 1998, 15, 581 584.
2. Grandin, T. Factors that impede animal movement at slaughter plants. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 1996, 209, 757 759.
3. Grandin, T. Animal handling. Vet. Clin. North Am., Food Anim. Pract. 1987, 79, 827 831.
4. Heffner, R.S.; Heffner, H.E. Hearing in large mammals: Horse (Equs Cabellas) and cattle (Bos Taurus). Behav. Neurosci. 1983, 97, 299 309.
5. Waynert, D.E.; Stookey, J.M.; Schwartzkopf Gerwein, J.M.; Watts, C.S. Response of beef cattle to noise during handling. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 1999, 62, 27 42.
6. Lanier, J.L.; Grandin, T.; Green, R.D.; McGee, K. The relationship between reaction to sudden intermittent move ments and sounds to temperament. J. Anim. Sci. 2000, 78, 1467 1474.
7. Grandin, T. Behavioral Principles of Handling Cattle and Other Grazing Animals Under Extensive Conditions. In Livestock Handling and Transport; Grandin, T., Ed.; CAB International: Wallingford, 2000; 63 85.
8. Grandin, T. Handling methods and facilities to reduce stress on cattle. Vet. Clin. North Am., Food Anim. Pract. 1998, 14, 325 341.
9. Kilgour, R.; Dalton, L. Livestock Behaviour a Practical Guide; Granada Publishing: Progmore, St. Albans, United Kingdom, 1984.
10. Price, E.O.; Wallach, S.J.R. Physical isolation of hand reared Hereford bulls increases their aggressiveness towards humans. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 1990, 27, 263 267.
Was this article helpful?
Stressed and feel like pulling your hair out? Discover How To Remove The Shackles And Burdens From Your Life To Become Stress-Free! Do you feel tense and uptight most of the time? Is there a choke hold on your life? Are you more than ready to relive pressure and frustration from everyday problems? Well, look no further...