1. Decuypere, E.; Bruggeman, V.; Barbato, G.F.; Buyse, J. Growth and Reproduction Problems Associated with Selection for Increased Broiler Meat Production. In Poultry Genetics, Breeding and Technology; Muir, W.M., Aggrey, S.E., Eds.; CABI Publishing: Wallingford, 2003; 13-28.
2. Costa, M.J. Fundamental principles of broiler breeders nutrition and the design of feeding programs. World Poult. Sci. 1981, 37, 177-192.
3. Bruggeman, V.; Onagbesan, O.; D'Hondt, E.; Buys, N.; Safi, M.; Vanmontfort, D.; Berghman, L.; Vandesande, F.; Decuypere, E. Effects of timing and duration of feed restriction during rearing on reproductive characteristics in broiler breeder females. Poult. Sci. 1999, 78, 1424-1434.
4. Hocking, P.M. Effects of body weight at sexual maturity and the degree and age of restriction during rearing on the ovarian follicular hierarchy of broiler breeder females. Br. Poult. Sci. 1993, 34, 793-801.
5. Hocking, P.M.; Waddington, D.; Walker, M.A.; Gilbert, A.B. Control of the development of the follicular hierarchy in broiler breeder pullets by food restriction during rearing. Br. Poult. Sci. 1989, 30, 161-174.
6. Yu, M.W.; Robinson, F.E.; Charles, R.G.; Weingardt, R. Effect of feed allowance during rearing and breeding on female broiler breeders. 2. Ovarian morphology and production. Poult. Sci. 1992, 71, 1750-1761.
7. Onagbesan, O.; Decuypere, E.; Leenstra, F.; Ehlhardt, D.A. Differential effects of amount of feeding on cell proliferation and progesterone production in response to gonado-trophins and insulin-like growth factor-I by ovarian granulosa cells of broiler breeder chickens selected for fatness or leanness. J. Reprod. Fértil. 1999, 116, 73-85.
8. Bruggeman, V. The Effect of Level and Timing of Food Restriction on Growth and Reproductive Characteristics and Their Endocrine Control in Broiler Breeder Females. PhD Thesis; Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 1998.
9. Bruggeman, V.; Onagbesan, O.; Vanmontfort, D.; Berghman, L.; Verhoeven, G.; Decuypere, E. Effect of long-term food restriction on pituitary sensitivity to cLHRH-1 in broiler breeder females. J. Reprod. Fértil. 1998, 114, 267-276.
10. Karanajeewa, H. A review of current poultry feeding systems and their potential acceptability to animal welfarists. World's Poult. Sci. J. 1987, 43, 20-32.
11. Hocking, P.M.; Maxwell, M.H.; Mitchell, M.A. Welfare assessment of broiler breeder and layer females subjected to food restriction and limited access to water during rearing. Br. Poult. Sci. 1993, 34, 443-458.
12. Hocking, P.M.; Gilbert, A.B.; Walker, M.; Waddington, D. Ovarian follicular structure of White Leghorns fed ad libitum and dwarf and normal broiler breeders fed ad libitum or restricted until point of lay. Br. Poult. Sci. 1987, 28, 493-506.
13. Triyuwanta; Leterrier, C.; Brillard, J.P.; Nys, Y. Maternal body weight and feed allowance of breeders affect performance of dwarf broiler breeders and tibial ossification of their progeny. Poult. Sci. 1992, 71, 244-254.
Was this article helpful?