• The available, rather limited, evidence shows that cryotherapy is probably of equivalent efficacy to topical treatments containing SA.
• Aggressive cryotherapy (defined by longer freezing times) is more effective than gentle cryotherapy.
• Harmful effects such as pain and blistering are probably more frequent with aggressive cryotherapy.
• There is no significant difference in cure rates between 2-, 3- and 4-week-interval regimens.
• There is no significant benefit of prolonging 3-weekly cryotherapy beyond 3 months.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From the Itching and Scaling of Psoriasis? Or the Chronic Agony of Psoriatic Arthritis? If so you are not ALONE! A whopping three percent of the world’s populations suffer from either condition! An incredible 56 million working hours are lost every year by psoriasis sufferers according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.