• PLE can improve over the years. This improvement may be spontaneous, or partly due to repeated prophylactic phototherapy.
• Narrow-band UVB and PUVA are similarly effective in preventing episodes of PLE.
• Oral prednisolone has a small or modest beneficial effect in PLE.
• Is not clear whether topical corticosteroids are of help.
• HLA typing may occasionally be helpful in classifying a photodermatosis with features of both PLE and actinic prurigo.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From the Itching and Scaling of Psoriasis? Or the Chronic Agony of Psoriatic Arthritis? If so you are not ALONE! A whopping three percent of the world’s populations suffer from either condition! An incredible 56 million working hours are lost every year by psoriasis sufferers according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.