1. Tsao H, Rogers G, Sober A. An estimate of the annual direct cost of treating cutaneous melanoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 1998;38:669-80.
2. Kirsner R, Yang D, Kerdel F. Dermatologic disease accounts for a large number of hospital admissions annually. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999;41:970-3.
3. Stern R, Pass T, Komaroff A. Topical v systemic agent treatment: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Arch Dermatol 1984;120:1571-8.
4. Drummond M, O'Brien B, Stoddart G, Torrance G. Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes, 2nd ed. Toronto: Oxford Medical Publishers, 1998.
5. Gold M, Siegel J, Russell L, Weinstein M, eds. Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996.
6. Freedberg K, Geller G, Miller D, Lew R, Koh H. Screening for malignant melanoma: A cost-effectiveness analysis J Am Acad Dermatol 1999;41:738-45.
7. Owens D. Interpretation of cost-effectiveness analyses. J Gen Intern Med 1998;13:716-17.
8. Hlatky M, Owens D. Cost-effectiveness of tests to assess the risk of sudden death after acute myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998;31:1490-2.
9. Goldman L, Garber A, Grover S, Hlatky M. Cost-effectiveness of assessment and management of risk factors. J Am Coll Cardiol 1996;27:1020-30.
10. Chen S, Shaheen A, Garber A. Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis of using methotrexate v Goeckerman therapy for psoriasis: A pilot study. Arch Dermatol 1998;134:1602-8.
11. Siegel J, Weinstein M, Russell L, Gold M. Recommendations for reporting cost-effectiveness analyses. JAMA 1996;276:1339-41.
Was this article helpful?
Complete Guide to Preventing Skin Cancer. We all know enough to fear the name, just as we do the words tumor and malignant. But apart from that, most of us know very little at all about cancer, especially skin cancer in itself. If I were to ask you to tell me about skin cancer right now, what would you say? Apart from the fact that its a cancer on the skin, that is.