1. Margolis DJ, Bilker W, Santanna J, Baumgarten M. Venous leg ulcer: Incidence and prevalence in the elderly. J Am Acad Dermatol 2002;46:381-6.
2. Margolis DJ, Berlin JA, Strom BL. Risk factors associated with the failure of a venous leg ulcer to heal. Arch Dermatol 1999;135:920-6.
3. Nelson EA, Cullum N, Jones J. Venous leg ulcers. Clin Evid 2001;6:1502-13.
4. Cullum N, Nelson EA, Fletcher AW, Sheldon TA. Compression for venous leg ulcers. In: Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Library. Issue 3. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
5. Kikta MJ, Schuler JJ, Meyer JP et al. A prospective, randomized trial of Unna's boots versus hydroactive dressing in the treatment of venous stasis ulcers. J Vasc Surg 1988;7:478-83.
6. Rubin JR, Alexander J, Plecha EJ, Marman C. Unna's boot v polyurethane foam dressings for the treatment of venous ulceration. A randomized prospective study. Arch Surg 1990;125:489-90.
7. Gould DJ, Campbell S, Newton H, Duffelen P, Griffin M, Harding EF. Setopress v Elastocrepe in chronic venous ulceration. Br J Nurs 1998;7:66-73.
8. Nelson EA. Compression bandaging in the treatment of venous leg ulcers. J Wound Care 1996;5:415-18.
9. Margolis DJ. Pentoxifylline in the treatment of venous leg ulcers. Arch Dermatol 2000; 136:1142-3.
10. Jull AB, Waters J, Arroll B. Oral pentoxifylline for treatment of venous leg ulcers. In: Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Library. Issue 3. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
11. Jones JE, Nelson EA. Skin grafting for venous leg ulcers. In: Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Library. Issue 3. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
12. Veves A, Falanga V, Armstrong DG, Sabolinski ML. Graftskin, a human skin equivalent, is effective in the
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From the Itching and Scaling of Psoriasis? Or the Chronic Agony of Psoriatic Arthritis? If so you are not ALONE! A whopping three percent of the world’s populations suffer from either condition! An incredible 56 million working hours are lost every year by psoriasis sufferers according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.