1. Springett K, Merriman L. Assessment of the skin and its appendages. In: Merriman L, Tollafield D, eds. Assessment of the Lower Limb. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1995.
2. Gupta AK, Saunder DN, Shear NH. Efficacy of antifungal agent Terbinafine in the treatment of superficial dermatophyte infections - an overview. Today Ther Trends 1995;13:9-20.
3. Gentles JC, Evans EGV. Foot infections in swimming baths. BMJ 1973;3:260-2.
4. Bell-Syer SEM, Hart R, Crawford F et al. A systematic review of oral treatments for fungal infections of the skin of the feet. J Dermatol 2001;12:69-74.
5. Smith EB, Graham JL, Ulrich JA. Topical clotrimazole in tinea pedis. South Med J 1977;70:47-8.
6. Evans EGV, James IGV, Joshipura RC. Two week treatment of tinea pedis with terbinafine a placebo controlled study. J Dermatol Treat 1991;2:95-7.
7. Crawford F, Bell Syer S, Hart R, Torgerson D, Young P, Russell I. Topical treatments for fungal infections of skin and nails of the foot. In: Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Library, Issue 1. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
8. Martindales. The Complete Drug Reference, 32nd ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press, 1999.
9. Evans EGV, Dodman B, Williamson DM. Comparison of terbinafine and clotrimazole in treating tinea pedis. BMJ 1993;307:645-7.
10. Patel A, Brookman SD, Bullen MU et al. Topical treatment of interdigital tinea pedis: terbinafine compared with clotrimazole. Australas J Dermatol 1999;40:197-200.
11. Leenutaphong V, Tangwiwat S, Muanprasat C, Niumpradit N, Spitaveesuawan R. Double-blind study of the efficacy of one week topical terbinafine cream compared to 4 weeks miconazole cream in patients with Tinea pedis. J Med Assoc Thailand 1999;82:1006-9.
12. Schopof R, Hettler O, Brautigam M et al. Efficacy and tolerability of 1% topical solution used for 1 week compared with 4 weeks clotrimazole 1% topical solution in the treatment of interdigital tinea pedis: a randomised controlled clinical trial. Mycoses 1999;42:415-20.
13. Barnetson R St, Marley J, Bullen M et al. Comparison of one week of oral terbinafine (250 mg/per day) with four weeks of treatment with clotrimazole 1% cream in interdigital tinea pedis. Br J Dermatol 1998;139:675-8.
14. Hart R, Bell-Syer S, Crawford F, Torgerson D, Young P, Russell I. Systematic review of topical treatments for fungal infections of the skin and nails of the feet. BMJ 1999;319:79-82.
15. Williams H. Pragmatic clinical trial is now needed. [Letters] BMJ 1999;319:1070.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From the Itching and Scaling of Psoriasis? Or the Chronic Agony of Psoriatic Arthritis? If so you are not ALONE! A whopping three percent of the world’s populations suffer from either condition! An incredible 56 million working hours are lost every year by psoriasis sufferers according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.