1. Porter JR, Beuf AH. Racial variation in reaction to physical stigma: a study of degree of disturbance by vitiligo among black and white patients. J Health Soc Behav 1991;32:192-204.
2. Root S, Kent G, Al'Abadie MSK. The relationship between disease severity, disability and psychological distress in patients undergoing PUVA treatment for psoriasis. Dermatology 1994;189:234-7.
3. Papadopoulos L, Bor R, Legg C. Coping with the disfiguring effects of vitiligo: a preliminary investigation into the effects of cognitive-behavioural therapy. Br J Med Psychol 1999;72:385-96.
4. Picardi A, Abeni D. Can cognitive behavioral therapy help patients with vitiligo? Arch Dermatol 2001;137:786-8.
5. Lesage M. Vitiligo: understanding the loss of skin colour. London: The Vitiligo Society, 2002.
6. Herxheimer A, McPherson A, Miller R, Shepperd S, Yaphe J, Ziebland S. A database of patients' experiences (DIPEx): a multi-media approach to sharing experiences and information. Lancet 2000;355:1540-3.
7. Tan BB, Weald D, Strickland I, Friedmann PS. Double-blind controlled trial of the effect of housedust-mite allergen avoidance on atopic dermatitis. Lancet 1996;347:15-18.
Was this article helpful?