This is usually the most important step, but the least well developed in EBD. Key points to note here are:
• to consider how similar the patients in the studies are to the patient facing you now
• whether the outcome measures used in those studies (for example percentage reduction in erythema or induration score) mean something to you and the patient
• how large the treatment benefits were
• whether there were any serious side-effects of treatment
• how the evidence fits in with your patient's past experience and current preferences.
This difficult area is discussed in more detail in Chapter 12.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From the Itching and Scaling of Psoriasis? Or the Chronic Agony of Psoriatic Arthritis? If so you are not ALONE! A whopping three percent of the world’s populations suffer from either condition! An incredible 56 million working hours are lost every year by psoriasis sufferers according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.