A number of questions must be addressed at autopsy of gunshot victims:
2. Entry wound or exit wound?
3. What is the course of the missile track (wound ballistics)?
4. What was the distance between the weapon and the victim?
5. Was the death an act of suicide or homicide, or was it accidental?
6. What types of weapon and ammunition were used?
7. How many shots have hit the victim?
8. What was the precise cause of the victim's death?
9. How long did the victim survive the fatal injury/ ies?
10. Was the victim incapacitated by the wound?
Was this article helpful?