Location

Armenia is a small (29,800 km2) landlocked mountainous country (37.2% mountains) in Eurasia. The remainder of the land is a combination of pastures (29.8%), woodlands (12%), farmland (3.2%), and arid plains (17.8%). The highest peak is Mount Aragats, with an elevation of 4,090 m, and the largest body of water is Lake Sevan. The Arax, Akhurian, Medsamor, Razdan, Azat, Arpa, Vorotan, Debed, and Agstev are the primary rivers running through Armenia. Armenia shares a border with Georgia to the north, Azerbaijan to the east, Iran to the south, and Turkey to the west. Armenia has a population of approximately 3.8 million (3,754,100) and a territory of 11,490 square miles. The largest city in Armenia is the capital, Yerevan. The population is 96% Armenian and the other 4% is made up of various minorities: Russians, Kurds, Yezidis, Greeks, Jews, and Assyrians. Armenian (Hayeren) is the official language and the official state religion is the Armenian Apostolic Church (Hayastaneayts Ekeghetsi).

Pregnancy And Childbirth

Pregnancy And Childbirth

If Pregnancy Is Something That Frightens You, It's Time To Convert Your Fear Into Joy. Ready To Give Birth To A Child? Is The New Status Hitting Your State Of Mind? Are You Still Scared To Undergo All The Pain That Your Best Friend Underwent Just A Few Days Back? Not Convinced With The Answers Given By The Experts?

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment