1. Inverted microscope. We use a Leica DM IRB/E TCS SP2 Confocal Microscope, which allows us to record different channels simultaneously.
2. Temperature-controlled chamber for the microscope.
3. Objective 63x oil/1.32 PLAN APO Ph3.
4. Acquisition software: Leica confocal software version 2.00 (Leica Microsystems Heidelberg GmbH).
5. Computer. Any computer having enough RAM memory and processing speed. We use a single processor 500-MHz power Macintosh G4 with 384MB RAM memory.
6. Processing software: Any software that can be programmed to read and combine the confocal images. We use both NIH-Scion Image, version 1.62 and IDL (Interactive Data Language), version 5.3.1.
Was this article helpful?