1. Acyclovir (Zovirax) 400 mg PO bid [C]
2. Famciclovir (Famvir) 250 mg PO bid [B]
3. Valacyclovir (Valtrex) 500 PO qd OR 250 mg PO bid [B]
PUBIC LICE (CRABS) AND SCABIES See Parasites.
SYPHILIS (PRIMARY, SECONDARY, LATENT <1 YEAR) Notes:
1. Consider HIV testing.
2. Treatment failures may occur with any regimen. Patients should be reexamined in 3 and 6 months.
3. Three weekly injections of benzathine penicillin are recommended for treatment failures, latent infections >1 year, and for HIV-infected patients.
1. Benzathine penicillin G (Bicillin L-A) strongly preferred, use alternatives only if penicillin allergy (consider desensitization in patients with a penicillin allergy) [B]
a. a. Children: 50,000 units/kg IM single dose (max 2.4 million units)
b. b. Adults: 2.4 million units IM single dose
If penicillin allergic:
1. Doxycycline (Vibramycin) 100 mg PO bid for 14 days [D] OR
2. Tetracycline 500 mg PO qid for 14 days [D]
Organism: Treponema pallidum
Was this article helpful?
Awesome Ways To Get Over Your Mentality That Keeps you Overweight! This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Results In Your Slim-down and Health Efforts! Day in day out we keep ourselves absorbed with those matters that matter the most to us. A lot of times, it might be just to survive and bring in some money. In doing so we at times disregard or forget about the extra matters that are essential to balance our lives. They’re even more essential to supply real meaning to our world. You have to pay attention to your wellness.