1. Singer AJ, Hollander JE, Quinn JV: Evaluation and management of traumatic lacerations. N Engl J Med 337:1142, 1997.
2. Salber PR, Talieferro E: The Physician's Guide to Domestic Violence: How to Ask the Right Questions and Recognize Abuse—Another Way to Save a Life. Volcano, CA, Volcano Press, 1995.
3. Ochs HA, Neuenschwander MC, Dodson TB: Are head, neck and facial injuries markers of domestic violence? J Am Dent Assoc 127:757, 1996.
4. Edlich RF, Rodeheaver GT, Morgan RF, et al: Principles of emergency wound management. Ann Emerg Med 17:1284, 1988.
5. Berk WA, Welch RD, Bock BF: Controversial issues in clinical management of the simple wound. Ann Emerg Med 21:72, 1992.
6. Howell JM, Chisholm CD: Wound care. Emerg Med Clin North Am 15:417, 1997.
7. Moore KL: Clinically Oriented Anatomy, 3d ed., Philadelphia: Williams & Wilkins, 1992.
8. Algren JT, Algren CL: Sedation and analgesia for minor pediatric procedures. Pediatr Emerg Care 12:435, 1996.
9. Ferrera PC, Chandler R: Anesthesia in the emergency setting: Part II. Head and neck, eye and rib injuries. Am Fam Physician 50:797, 1994.
10. Blackburn PA, Butler KH, Hughes MJ, et al: Comparison of tetracaine-adrenaline-cocaine (TAC) with topical lidocaine-epinephrine (TLE): Efficacy and cost. Am J Emerg Med 13:315, 1995.
11. Ernst AA, Marvez-Valls E, Nick TG, Weiss SJ: LAT (lidocaine-adrenaline-tetracaine) versus TAC (tetracaine-adrenaline-cocaine) for topical anesthesia in face and scalp lacerations. Am J Emerg Med 13:151, 1995.
12. Hollander JE, Richman PB, Werblud M, et al: Irrigation in facial and scalp lacerations: Does it alter outcome? Ann Emerg Med 31:73, 1998.
13. Aoki N, Oikawa A, Sakai T: Hair braiding closure for superficial wounds. Surg Neurol 46:150, 1996.
14. Orlinsky M, Goldberg RM, Chan L, et al: Cost analysis of stapling versus suturing for skin closure. Am J Emerg Med 13:77, 1995.
15. Quinn JV, Drzewiecki A, Li MM, et al: A randomized, controlled trial comparing tissue adhesive with suturing in the repair of pediatric facial lacerations. Ann Emerg Med 22:1130, 1993.
16. Bresnahan KA, Howell JM, Wizorek J: Comparison of tensile strength of cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive closure of lacerations versus suture closure. Ann Emerg Med 26:575, 1995.
17. Janda AM: Ocular trauma: triage and treatment. Postgrad Med 90:51, 1991.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.