1. Schindler MB, Bohn D, Cox PN, et al: Outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac and respiratory arrest in children. N Engl J Med 335:1473, 1996.
2. Teach SJ, Moore PE, Fleisher GR: Death and resuscitation in the pediatric emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 25:799, 1995.
3. Ronco R, King W, Donley DK, et al: Outcome and cost at a children's hospital following resuscitation for out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary arrest. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 149:210, 1995.
4. Chameides L, Hazinski MF: Textbook of Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Dallas, American Heart Association, 1994.
5. Nadkarni V, Hazinski MF, Zideman D, et al: Pediatric resuscitation: An advisory statement from the Pediatric Working Group of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation. Circulation 95:2185, 1997.
6. King BR, Baker MD, Braitman LE, et al: Endotracheal tube selection in children: A comparison of four methods. Ann Emerg Med 22:530, 1993.
7. Van den Berg AA, Mphanza T: Choice of tracheal tube size for children: Finger size or age-related formula. Anaesthesia 52:695, 1997.
8. Bhende MS, Thompson AE: Evaluation of an end-tidal CO2 detector during pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Pediatrics 95:395, 1995.
9. Luten RC, Wears RL, Broselow J, et al: Length-based endotracheal tube sizing and emergency equipment for pediatric resuscitation. Ann Emerg Med 21:900, 1992.
10. Schoenfeld PS, Baker MD: Management of cardiopulmonary and trauma resuscitation in the pediatric emergency department. Pediatrics 91:726, 1993.
11. Beland MJ, Hesslein PS, Finlay CD, et al: Non-invasive transcutaneous cardiac pacing in children. PACE 10:1262, 1987.
12. Rosenthal E, Thomas N, Quinn E, et al: Transcutaneous pacing for cardiac emergencies. PACE 11:2160, 1988.
13. Worden JW: Attachment, loss, and the tasks of mourning, in Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, 2d ed. New York, Springer-Verlag, 1991.
14. Oliver RC, Fallat ME: Traumatic childhood death: How well do parents cope? J Trauma 39:303, 1995.
15. Van der Woning M: Should relatives be invited to witness the resuscitation attempt? A review of the literature. Accid Emerg Nurse 5:215, 1997.
Was this article helpful?