1. Rau W, Lathrop G: 1998 transport statistics and fees survey. Air Med 4:19, 1998.
2. Rau W: 1998 helicopter avionics and operations survey. Air Med 4:20, 1998.
3. Low RB, Dunne MJ, Blumen IJ, Tagney G: Factors associated with the safety of EMS helicopters. Am J Emerg Med 9:103, 1991.
4. Hamman BL, Cue JI, Miller FB, et al: Helicopter transport of trauma victims: Does a physician make a difference? J Trauma 31:490, 1991.
5. Baxt W, Moody PG: The impact of a physician as part of the areomedical prehospital team in patients with blunt trauma. JAMA 257:3246, 1987.
6. US Dept of Transportation: Air-Medical Crew National Standard Curriculum, Advanced Student Manual. Washington, DC, 1988.
7. Blumen IJ, Rinnert KJ: Altitude physiology and the stresses of flight. Air Med J 14:87, 1995.
8. Baxt WG, Moody P, Cleveland HC, et al: Hospital-based rotorcraft aeromedical emergency care service and trauma mortality: A multicenter study. Ann Emerg Med 14:859, 1985.
9. Moylan JA, Fitzpatrick KT, Beyer AJ, Georgiade GS: Factors improving survival in multisystem trauma patients. Ann Surg 207:670, 1988.
10. Boyd CR, Corse KM, Campbell RC: Emergency interhospital transport of the major trauma patient: Air versus ground. J Trauma 29:789, 1989.
11. Moront ML, Gotschall CS, Eichelberger MR: Helicopter transport of injured children: System effectiveness and triage criteria. J Pediatr Surg 31:1183, 1996.
12. Nicholl JP, Brazier JE, Snooks HA: Effects of London helicopter emergency medical service on survival after trauma. Br Med J 311:217, 1995.
13. National Association of EMS Physicians: Air medical dispatch: Guidelines for scene response. Prehosp Disas Med 7:75, 1992.
14. Emerman CL, Shade B, Kubincanek J: A comparison of EMT judgement and prehospital trauma triage instruments. J Trauma 31:1369, 1991.
15. Wright SW, Dronen SC, Combs TJ, Storer D: Aeromedical transport of patients with post-traumatic cardiac arrest. Ann Emerg Med 18:721, 1989.
16. Savitsky E, Rodenberg H: Demographics of prehospital helicopter EMS responses in rural Florida. Prehosp Disas Med 7:279, 1992.
17. Jones JB, Leicht M, Dula DJ: A 10-year experience in the use of air medical transport for medical scene calls. Air Med J 17:7, 1998.
18. National Association of EMS Physicians: Criteria for prehospital air medical transport: Non-trauma and pediatric considerations. Prehosp Disas Med 9:140, 1994.
19. Lindbeck GH, Groopman DS, Powers RD: Aeromedical evacuation of rural victims of nontraumatic cardiac arrest. Ann Emerg Med 22:1258, 1993.
20. Hotvedt R, Kristiansen IS, Forde OH, et al: Which group of patients benefit from helicopter evacuation? Lancet 347:1362, 1996.
21. Schneider S, Borok Z, Heller M, et al: Critical cardiac transport: Air versus ground? Am J Emerg Med 6:449, 1988.
22. Stone CK, Hunt RC, Sossa JA, et al: Interhospital transport of cardiac patients: Does air transport make a difference? J Air Med Trans 11:54, 1992.
23. Valenzuela TD, Criss EA, Copass MK, et al: Critical care air transportation of the severely injured: Does long distance transport adversely affect survival? Ann Emerg Med 19:169, 1990.
24. McCleary N: Air medical transfers: Are you COBRA compliant? Air Med J 16:113, 1997.
25. Boyd CR, Hungerpiller JC: Patient risk in prehospital transport: Air versus ground. Emerg Care Q 5:48, 1990.
26. Association of Air Medical Services: Standards and Safety Guidelines. Pasadena, CA, AAMS, 1992.
27. Dodd RS: The cost-effectiveness of air medical helicopter crash survival enhancements: An evaluation of the costs, benefits and effectiveness of injury prevention interventions. Air Med J 13:281, 1994.
28. Lindbeck G: Hospital and flight program reimbursement for patients transferred by helicopter. Am J Emerg Med 13:405, 1995.
29. Lechleuthner A, Koestler W, Voigt M, Laufenberg P: Helicopters as part of a regional EMS system: Cost-effectiveness analysis for three EMS regions in Germany. Eur J Emerg Med 1:159, 1994.
30. National Association of EMS Physicians: Medical director for air medical transport programs. Prehosp Disas Med 10:283, 1995.
Was this article helpful?