1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Gamma-hydroxybutyrate use. MMWR 46:281, 1997.
2. Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Drug Abuse Warning Network 1992-1996. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (unpublished data).
3. Tunnicliff G: Sites of action of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB): A neuroactive drug with abuse potential. Clin Toxicol 35:581, 1997.
4. Li J, Stokes SA, Woeckener A: A tale of novel intoxication: A review of the effects of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid with recommendations for management. Ann Emerg Med 31:729, 1998.
5. Galloway GP, Frederick SL, Staggers FE Jr, et al: Gamma-hydroxybutyrate: An emerging drug of abuse that causes physical dependence. Addiction 92:89, 1997.
6. Armstrong R: When drugs are used for rape. J Emerg Nurs 23:378, 1997.
7. Bowyer K, Glasser SP: Chloral hydrate overdose and cardiac arrhythmias. Chest 77:232, 1980.
8. Maher JF, Schreiner GE, Westervett FB Jr: Acute glutethimide intoxication: Clinical experience (22 patients) compared to acute barbiturate intoxication (63 patients). Am J Med 33:70, 1962.
9. Bender FH, Cooper JV, Dreyfus R: Fatalities associated with acute overdose of glutethimide (Doriden) and codeine. Vet Hum Toxicol 30:332, 1988.
10. Hansen AR, Kennedy KA, Ambre JJ, et al: Glutethimide poisoning: A metabolite contributes to morbidity and mortality. N Engl J Med 292:251, 1975.
11. Litovitz TL, Smilkstein M, Felberg L, et al: 1996 Annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers National Data Collection System. Am J Emerg Med 15:447, 1997.
12. Dennison J, Edwards JN, Volans GN: Meprobamate overdosage. Hum Toxicol 4:215, 1985.
13. Hassan E: Treatment of meprobamate overdose with repeated oral doses of activated charcoal. Ann Emerg Med 15:73, 1986.
14. Agar SA: Luding out. N Engl J Med 287:51, 1972.
15. Abboud PT, Freedman MT, Rogers RM, et al: Methaqualone poisoning with muscular hyperactivity necessitating the use of curare. Chest 65:204, 1974.
16. Wetli CV: Changing patterns of methaqualone abuse: A survey of 246 fatalities. JAMA 249:621, 1983.
17. Mills DG: Effects of methaqualone on blood platelet function. Clin Pharmacol Ther 23:685, 1978.
18. Napoliello MJ, Domantay AG: Buspirone: A worldwide update. Br J Psychiatry 159:40, 1991.
19. Roger M, Attali P, Coquelin JP: Multicenter, double-blind, controlled comparison of zolpidem and triazolam in elderly patients with insomnia. Clin Ther 15:127, 1993.
20. Garnier R, Guerault E, Muzard D, et al: Acute zolpidem poisoning: Analysis of 344 cases. Clin Toxicol 32:391, 1994.
21. Lheureux P, Debailleul G, DeWitte O, et al: Zolpidem intoxication mimicking narcotic overdose: Response to flumazenil. Hum Exp Toxicol 9:105, 1990.
Was this article helpful?
Stop Letting Anxiety Rule Your Life And Take Back The Control You Desire Right Now! You don't have to keep letting your anxiety disorder run your life. You can take back your inner power and change your life for the better starting today! In order to have control of a thing, you first must understand it. And that is what this handy little guide will help you do. Understand this illness for what it is. And, what it isn't.