1. Wilson R, Rayner CF: Bronchitis. Curr Opin Pulm Med 1:177, 1995.
2. Dowell SF, Anderson LJ, Gary HE, et al: Respiratory syncytial virus is an important cause of community-acquired lower respiratory infection among hospitalized adults. J Infect Dis 174:456, 1996.
3. Wright SW, Edwards KM, Decker MD, Zeldin MH: Pertussis infections in adults with persistent cough. JAMA 273:1044, 1995.
4. MacKay DN: Treatment of acute bronchitis in adults without underlying lung disease. J Gen Intern Med 11:557, 1996.
5. Fahey T, Stocks N, Thomas T: Quantitative systematic review of randomized controlled trails comparing antibiotic with placebo for acute cough in adults. BMJ 316:906, 1998.
6. Grossman RF: Guidelines for the treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Chest 112(suppl):310S, 1997.
7. Hueston WJ: A comparison of albuterol and erythromycin for the treatment of acute bronchitis. J Fam Pract 33:476, 1991.
8. Hueston WJ: Albuterol delivered by metered-dose inhaler to treat acute bronchitis. J Fam Pract 39:437, 1994.
9. Bartlett JG, Mundy LM, Orloff J: Community-acquired pneumonia. N Engl J Med 333:1618, 1995
10. Fang GD, Fine M, Orloff J, et al: New and emerging etiologies for community-acquired pneumonia with implications for therapy. Medicine (Baltimore) 69:307, 1990.
11. Marrie TJ, Fine MJ, Coley CM: Ambulatory patients with community-acquired pneumonia: The frequency of atypical agents and clinical course. Am J Med 101:508, 1996.
12. Metlay JP, Schulz R, Li YH, et al: Influence of age on symptoms at presentation in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Arch Intern Med 157:1453, 1997.
13. Metlay JP, Kapoor WN, Fine MJ: Does this patient have community-acquired pneumonia? Diagnosing pneumonia by history and physical examination. JAMA 278:1440, 1997.
14. Marfin AA, Sporrer J, Moore PS, Siefkin AD: Risk factors for adverse outcome in persons with pneumococcal pneumonia. Chest 107:457, 1995.
15. Barreiro B, Esteban L, Prats E, et al: Branhamella catarrhalis respiratory infections. Eur Respir J 5:675, 1995.
16. Atmar RL, Greenberg SG: Pneumonia caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae and the TWAR agent. Semin Respir Infect 4:19, 1995.
17. Macfarlane JT, Miller AC, Smith WHR, et al: Comparative radiographic features of community acquired legionnaires' disease, pneumococcal pneumonia, mycoplasma pneumonia, and psittacosis. Thorax 39:28, 1984
18. Griffith D, Mazurek G: Pneumonia in chronic obstructive lung disease. Infect Dis Clin North Am 5:467, 1991.
19. Koziel H, Koziel MJ: Pulmonary complications of diabetes mellitus: Pneumonia. Infect Dis Clin North Am 9:65, 1995.
20. Rodrigues J, Niederman MS: Pneumonia complicating pregnancy. Clin Chest Med 13:679, 1992.
21. Sims RV: Bacterial pneumonia in the elderly. Emerg Med Clin North Am 8:207, 1990.
22. Stein D: Managing pneumonia acquired in nursing homes: Special concerns. Geriatrics 45:39, 1990.
23. Rosen MJ: Pneumonia in patients with HIV infection. Med Clin North Am 78:1067, 1994.
24. Conces DJ: Opportunistic pneumonia. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 22:3, 1993.
25. Niederman MS, Bass JB, Campbell GD, et al: Guidelines for the initial empiric therapy of community-acquired pneumonia: Proceedings of an American Thoracic Society Consensus Conference. Am Rev Respir Dis 148:1418, 1993.
26. The British Thoracic Society: Guidelines for the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults admitted to the hospital. Br J Hosp Med 49:346, 1993.
27. Mandell LA, Niederman M: The Canadian Community-Acquired Pneumonia Consensus Conference Group: Antimicrobial treatment of community-acquired pneumonia in adults—A conference report. Can J Infect Dis 4:25, 1993.
28. Bartlett JG, Breiman RF, Mandell LA, File TM: Guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America: Community-acquired pneumonia in adults—Guidelines for management. Clin Infect Dis 26:811, 1998.
29. Fine MJ, Smith MA, Carson CA, et al: Prognosis and outcomes of patients with community-acquired pneumonia: A meta-analysis. JAMA 274:134, 1996.
30. Fine MJ, Auble TE, Yealy DM, et al: A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia. N Engl J Med 336:243, 1997.
31. Emerman CL, Dawson N, Speroff T, et al: Comparison of physician judgment and decision aids for ordering chest radiographs for pneumonia in outpatients. Ann Emerg Med 20:1215, 1991.
32. Diehr P, Wood RW, Bushyhead J, et al: Prediction of pneumonia in outpatients with acute cough—A statistical approach. J Chronic Dis 37:215, 1984.
33. Singal BM, Hedges JR, Radack KL: Decision rules and clinical prediction of pneumonia: Evaluation of low-yield criteria. Ann Emerg Med 18:13, 1989.
34. Gennis P, Gallagher J, Falvo C, et al: Clinical criteria for the detection of pneumonia in adults: Guidelines for ordering chest roentgenograms in the emergency department. J Emerg Med 7:263, 1989.
35. Heckerling PS, Tape TG, Wigton RS, et al: Clinical prediction rule for pulmonary infiltrates. Ann Intern Med 113:664, 1990.
Was this article helpful?
If you're wanting to know more about dealing with bronchitis... Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! You are About To Read The Most Important Information That Is Available To You Today, You Will Achieve A Better Understanding About Bronchitis! It doesn't matter if you've never had bronchitis before or never known anyone who has, This guide will tell you everything you need to know, without spending too much brainpower!