1. Baumann MH, Strange C: Treatment of spontaneous pneumothorax: A more aggressive approach? Chest 112:789, 1997.
2. Sadikot RT, Greene T, Meadows K, Arnold AG: Recurrence of spontaneous pneumothorax. Thorax 52:805, 1997.
3. Kirby TJ, Ginsberg RJ: Management of the pneumothorax and barotrauma. Clin Chest Med 13:97, 1992.
4. Jantz MA, Pierson DJ: Pneumothorax and barotrauma. RespirEmerg 15:75, 1994.
5. Schramel FM, Postmus PE, Vanerschueren RG: Current aspects of spontaneous pneumothorax. Eur Respir J 10:1372, 1997.
6. Abolnik IZ, Lossos IS, Gillis D, Breuer R: Primary spontaneous pneumothorax in men. Am J Med Sci 305:297, 1993.
7. Baumann MH, Strange C: The clinician's perspective on pneumothorax management. Chest 112:822, 1997.
8. Light RW, Hamm H: Pleural disease and acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Eur Respir J 10:2638, 1997.
9. Paape K, Fry WA: Spontaneous pneumothorax. Chest 4:517, 1994.
10. Seow A, Kazerooni EA, Pernicano PG, Neary M: Comparison of upright inspiratory and expiratory chest radiographs for detecting pneumothoraces. Am J Roentgenol 166:313, 1996.
11. Aitchison F, Bleetman A, Munro P, et al: Detection of pneumothorax by accident and emergency officers and radiologists on single chest film. Arch Emerg Med 10:343, 1993.
12. Sistrom CL, Reiheld CT, Gay SB, Wallace KK: Detection and estimation of the volume of pneumothorax using real-time sonography: Efficacy determined by receiver operating characteristics analysis. Am J Roentgenol 166:317, 1996.
13. Rhea JT, DeLuca SA, Greene RE: Determining the size of pneumothorax in the upright patient. Diagn Radiol 144:733, 1982.
14. Engdahl O, Toft T, Boe J: Chest radiograph: A poor method of determining the size of a pneumothorax. Chest 103:26, 1993.
15. Collins CD, Lopez A, Mathie A, et al: Quantification of pneumothorax size on chest radiographs using interpleural distances: Regression analysis based on volume measurements from helical CT. Am J Roentgenol 165:1127, 1995.
16. Miller AC, Harvey JE: Guidelines for the management of spontaneous pneumothorax. BMJ 307:114, 1993.
17. Light RW: Management of spontaneous pneumothorax. Am Rev Respir Dis 148:245, 1993.
18. Sassoon CS, Light RW, O'Hara VS, Moritz TE: Iatrogenic pneumothorax: etiology and morbidity. Respiration 59:215, 1992.
19. Damascelli B, Patelli G, Frigerio LF, et al: Placement of long-term central venous catheters in outpatients: Study of 134 patients over 24,596 catheter days. Am J Roentgenol 168:1235, 1997.
20. Despars JA, Sassoon CS, Light RW: Significance of iatrogenic pneumothoraces. Chest 105:1147, 1994.
21. Raptopoulos V, Davis LM, Lee G, et al: Factors affecting the development of pneumothorax associated with thoracentesis. Am J Roentgenol 156: 917, 1991.
22. Nash A, Burrell CJ, Ring NJ, Marshall AJ: Evaluation of an ultrasonically guided venepuncture technique for the placement of permanent pacing electrodes. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 21:452, 1998.
23. Plaus WJ: Delayed pneumothorax after subclavian vein catheterization. J Parenter Enter Nutr 14:414, 1990.
24. Kiev J, Kersstein MD: Role of three hour roentgenogram of the chest in penetrating and nonpenetrating injuries of the chest. Surg Gynecol Obstet 175:249, 1992.
25. Schoenenberger RA, Haefeli WE, Weiss P, Ritz R: Evaluation of conventional chest tube therapy for iatrogenic pneumothorax. Chest 104:1770, 1993.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.