1. Hoskin AF, Fearn KT, Miller T, et al: Accident Facts. Itasca, IL, National Safety Council, 1997.
2. Ore T, Casini V: Electrical fatalities among US construction workers. J Occup Environ Med 38:587, 1996.
3. Rabban J, Adler J, Rosen C, et al: Electrical injury from subway third rails: Serious injury associated with intermediate voltage contact. Burns 23:515, 1997.
4. Lee C: Injury by electrical forces: Pathophysiology, manifestations, and therapy. Curr Probl Surg 34:677, 1997.
5. Chandra NC, Siu CO, Munster AM: Clinical predictors of myocardial damage after high voltage electrical injury. J Trauma 18:293, 1990.
6. O'Brien DJ: Electronic weaponry: A question of safety. Ann Emerg Med 20:583, 1991.
7. Burdett-Smith P: Stun gun injury. J Accid Emerg Med 14:402, 1997.
8. Fish R: Electric shock: I, II, and III. J Emerg Med 11:309, 457, and 599, 1993.
9. Arrowsmith J, Usgaocar RP, Dickson WA: Electrical injury and the frequency of cardiac complications. Burns 23:576, 1997.
10. Fatovich DM: Electric shock in pregnancy. J Emerg Med 11:175, 1993.
11. Einarson A, Bailey B, Inocencion G, et al.: Accidental electric shock in pregnancy: A prospective cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 176:678, 1997.
12. Purdue GF, Hunt JL: Electrocardiographic monitoring after (high-voltage) electrical injury: Necessity or luxury. J Trauma 26:166, 1986.
13. Cunningham P: The need for cardiac monitoring after electrical injury. Med J Aust 154:765, 1991.
14. Fatovich DM, Lee KY: Household electric shocks: Who should be monitored? Med J Aust 155:301, 1991.
15. Zubair M, Besner GE: Pediatric electrical burns: Management strategies. Burns 23:413, 1997.
16. Garcia CT, Smith GA, Cohen DM, Fernandez K: Electrical injuries in a pediatric emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 26:604, 1995.
17. Bailey B, Gaudreault P, Thivierge RL, Turgeon JP: Cardiac monitoring of children with household electrical injuries. Ann Emerg Med 25:612, 1996.
18. Wallace BH, Cone JB, Vanderpool RD, et al: Retrospective evaluation of admission criteria for pediatric electrical injuries. Burns 21:590, 1995.
19. Canady JW, Thompson SA, Bardach J: Oral commissure burns in children. Plast Reconstr Surg 97:738, 1996.
20. Al-Qattan MM, Gillett D, Thomson HG: Electrical burns to the oral commissure: Does splinting obviate the need for commissuroplasty? Burns 22:555, 1996.
21. Hussmann J, Kucan JO, Russell RC, et al: Electrical injuries—Morbidity, outcome and treatment rationale. Burns 21:530, 1995.
22. Rabban JT, Blair JA, Rosen CL, et al: Mechanisms of pediatric electrical injury: New implications for product safety and injury prevention. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 151:696, 1997
Was this article helpful?