1. Gracie WA, Ransohoff DF: The natural history of silent gallstones: The innocent gallstone is not a myth. N Engl J Med 307:798, 1982.
2. Ikard RW: Gallstones, cholecystitis, and diabetes. Surg Gynecol Obstet 171:528, 1990.
3. Jorgenson T: Abdominal symptoms and gallstone disease: An epidemiological investigation. Hepatology 9:856, 1989.
4. Burgart LJ: Cholangitis in viral disease. Mayo Clin Proc 73:479, 1998.
5. Snell RS, Smith MS: Clinical Anatomy for Emergency Medicine. St. Louis, Mosby, 1994, pp 431-432.
6. Mergener K, Baillie J: Fortnightly review: Acute pancreatitis. BMJ 316:44, 1998.
7. Sondenaa K, Nesvik I, Solhaug O, et al: Randomization to surgery or observation in patients with symptomatic gallbladder stone disease: The problem of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice. Scand J Gastroenterol 32:611, 1997.
8. Fenstr LF, Lonborg R, Thirlby R, et al: What symptoms does cholecystectomy cure? Am J Surg 169:533, 1995.
9. Diehl AK, Sugarek NJ, Todd K: Clinical evaluation for gallstone disease: Usefulness of symptoms and signs in diagnosis. Am J Med 89:29, 1990.
10. Fisher RS, Parkman HP: Management of nonulcer dyspepsia. N Engl J Med 339:1376, 1998.
11. Rigas B, Torosis J, McDougall C, et al: The circadian rhythm of biliary colic. J Clin Gastroenterol 12:409, 1990.
12. Singer AJ, McCracken G, Henry MC: Correlation among clinical, laboratory, and hepatobiliary scanning findings in patients with suspected acute cholecystitis. Ann Emerg Med 28:267, 1996.
13. Gruber PJ, Silverman RA, Gottesfield S, et al: Presence of fever and leukocytosis in acute cholecystitis. Ann Emerg Med 28:273, 1996.
14. Adedji OA, McAdam A: Murphy's sign, acute cholecystitis, and elderly people. J R Coll Surg Edinburgh 41:88, 1996.
15. Parker LJ, Vukov LF, Woolan PC: Emergency department evaluation of geriatric patients with acute cholecystitis. Acad Emerg Med 4:51, 1997.
16. Shea JA, Berlin JA, Escarce JJ, et al: Revised estimates of diagnostic test sensitivity and specificity in suspected biliary tract disease. Arch Intern Med 154, 1994.
17. Fidler J, Paulson EK, Layfield L: CT evaluation of acute cholecystitis: Findings and usefulness in diagnosis. AJR 166:1085, 1996.
18. Meyers WC: A prospective analysis of 1518 laparoscopic cholecystectomies. N Engl J Med 324:1073, 1991.
19. Sugiyama M, Atami Y: Follow-up of more than 10 years after endoscopic sphincterotomy for choledocolithiasis in young patients. Br J Surg 85:917, 1998.
Was this article helpful?
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.