1. Cicrello HG, Glass RI: Pediatr Infect Dis 5:163, 1994.
2. Glass RJ, Lew JF, Gangorosa RE, et al: Estimate of morbidity and mortality rates for diarrheal diseases in American children. J Pediatr 118(suppl):527, 1991.
3. Barlett AV, Moore M, Gary GW, et al: Diarrheal illness among infants and toddlers in day care centers: I. Epidemiology and pathogens. J Pediatr 107:495, 1985.
4. Ho MS, Glass RI, Pinsky PF, Anderson LJ: Rotavirus as a cause of diarrheal morbidity and mortality in the United States. J Infect Dis 158:1112, 1988.
5. Van R, Wun CC, O'Ryan ML, et al: Outbreaks of human enteric adenovirus types 40 and 41 in Houston day care centers. J Pediatr 120:516, 1992.
6. Rowe PC, Orrbine E, Lior H, et al: Risk of hemolytic uremic syndrome after sporadic Escherichia coli 0157:H7 infection: Results of a Canadian collaborative study. J Pediatr 132:777, 1998.
7. Gorelick MH, Shaw KN, Murphy KO: Validity and reliability of clinical signs in the diagnosis of dehydration in children. Pediatrics 99:e6, 1997.
8. Gorelick MH, Shaw KN, Murphy KO, Baker D: Effect of fever on capillary refill time. Pediatr Emerg Care 13:305, 1997.
9. Hiricho L, Campos M, Rivera J, Guerrant RL: Fecal screening tests in the approach to acute infectious diarrhea; a scientific overview. Pediatr Infect Dis J 15:486, 1996.
10. DeWitt TC, Humphrey KF, McCarthy P: Clinical predictors of acute bacterial diarrhea in young children. Pediatrics 76:551, 1985.
11. Santosham M, Daum RS, Dillman L, et al: Oral rehydration therapy of infantile diarrhea: A controlled study of well-nourished children hospitalized in the United States and Panama. N Engl J Med 306:1070, 1982.
12. American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Nutrition: Use of oral fluid therapy and posttreatment feeding following enteritis in children in a developed country. Pediatrics 75:358, 1985.
13. Brown KH, Peerson JM, Fontaine O: Use of nonhuman milks in the dietary management of young children with acute diarrhea: A meta-analysis of clinical trials. Pediatrics 93:17, 1994.
14. American Academy of Pediatrics, provisional Committee on Quality Improvement, Subcommittee on Acute Gastroenteritis Practice Parameter: The management of acute gastroenteritis in young children. Pediatrics 97:424, 1996.
15. Richards L, Claeson M, Pierce N: Management of acute diarrhea in children: Lessons learned. Pediatr Infect Dis J 12:5, 1993.
16. World Health Organization. The Rational Use of Drugs in the Management of Acute Diarrheoea in Children. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1990.
Was this article helpful?
Finally Revealed The Revolutionary & Miraculous Weight Loss Secrets! Discover How to Command Those Unwanted Pounds To Take A Hike, So That You Can Get Into Shape & Lose Weight Easily Just Like You Dream Of In Just A Matter Of Weeks! You're About to Discover The Insider's Fat Burning Diet Tips to Easily Shed Off Those Extra Pounds And Obtain a Lovable Shape In No Time Flat!