1. National Safety Council: Accident Facts 1994. Chicago: National Safety Council, 1994.
2. Heimlich HJ: A life-saving maneuver to prevent food-choking. JAMA 234:398, 1975.
3. Kouwenhoven WB, Jude JR, Knickerbocker GG: Closed-chest cardiac massage. JAMA 173:1064, 1960.
4. Jude JR, Kouwenhoven WB, Knickerbocker GG: Cardiac arrest: Report of application of external cardiac massage on 118 patients. JAMA 178:1063, 1961.
5. Halperin HR: Mechanisms of forward flow during CPR, in Paradis N, Nowak R, Halperin H (eds): Cardiac Arrest: The Science and Practice of Resuscitation Medicine, Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1996.
6. Sack JB, Kasselbremmer MB, Bregman D, et al: Survival from in-hospital cardiac arrest with interposed abdominal counter pulsation during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. JAMA 267:379,
7. Cohen TJ, Goldner BG, Maccaro PC, et al: A comparison of active compression-decompression cardiopulmonary resuscitation with standard cardiopulmonary resuscitation for cardiac arrests occurring in the hospital. N Engl J Med 329:1918, 1993.
8. Halperin HR, Tsitlik JE, Gelfand M, et al: A preliminary study of cardiopulmonary resuscitation by circumferential compression of the chest with use of a pneumatic vest. N Engl J Med 329:762,
9. Criley JM, Blaufuss AH, Kissel GL: Cough-induced cardiac compression: Self-administered form of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. JAMA 236:1246, 1976. 10. Gazmuri RJ, Becker J: Cardiac resuscitation: The search for hemodynamically more effective methods. Chest 111:712, 1997.
Was this article helpful?