1. Smith DJ, Robson MC, Heggers JP: Frostbite and other cold-related injuries, in Auerbach PS, Geehr EC (eds): Management of Wilderness and Environmental Injuries, 3d ed. St Louis, Mosby, 1995, pp 129-145.
2. Burr RE: Trench foot. J Wilderness Med 4:348, 1993.
3. Tek DT, Mackey S: Non-freezing injury in a Marine infantry battalion. J Wilderness Med 4:353, 1993.
4. Hwang JCF, Himel HN, Edlich RF: Frostbite of the face after recreational misuse of nitrous oxide. Burns 22:4, 1996.
5. Kurbat RS, Pollack VP: Facial injury and airway threat from inhalant abuse: A case report. J Emerg Med 16:2, 1998.
6. Gamble WB, Bonnecarre ER: Coffee, tea, or frostbite? Aviation, Space Environ Med 67:9, 1996.
7. Carruthers R: Chilblains (pernosis). Aust Fam Physician 17: 968, 1988.
8. Vogel EJ, Dellon AL: Frostbite injuries of the hand. Clin Plast Surg 16:565, 1989.
9. Jackson D: The diagnosis of the depth of burning. Br J Surg 40:588, 1953.
10. Heggers JP, Phillips LG, McCauley RL, Robson MC: Frostbite: Experimental and clinical evaluations of treatment. J Wilderness Med 1:27, 1990.
11. Heggers JP, Robson MC, Manaualen K, et al: Experimental and clinical observations on frostbite. Ann Emerg Med 16:1056, 1987.
12. McCauley RL, Heggers JP, Robson MC: Frostbite: Methods to minimize tissue loss. Postgrad Med 88:8, 1990.
13. McCauley RL, Hing DN, Robson MC, Heggers JP: Frostbite injuries: A rational approach based on the pathophysiology. J Trauma 23:143, 1983.
14. Valnicek SM, Chasmar LR, Clapson JB: Frostbite on the prairies: A 12-year review. Plast Reconstr Surg 92:4, 1993.
15. Skolnick AA: Early data suggest clot-dissolving drug may help save frostbite limbs from amputation. JAMA 267:2008, 1992.
16. Saito S, Shimada H: Effect of prostaglandin E 1, analogue administration on peripheral skin temperature at high altitude. Angiology 45:455, 1994.
17. Mehta RC, Wilson MA: Frostbite injury: Prediction of tissue viability with triple-phase bone scanning. Radiology 170:511, 1989.
18. Salini Z, Vas W, Tang-Barton P, et al: Assessment of tissue in frostbite by 99m-Tc pertechnetate scintigraphy. AJR 42:415,1984.
19. Barker JR, Haws MJ, Brown RE, et al: Magnetic resonance imaging of severe frostbite injuries. Ann Plast Surg 38:275, 1997.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.