1. Goldner TE, Lawson HW, Xia Z, Atrash HK: Surveillance for ectopic pregnancy—United States, 1970-1989. MMWR 42:73, 1993.
2. Stovall TG, Kellerman AL, Ling FW, et al: Emergency department diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy. Ann Emerg Med 19:1098, 1990.
3. Kaplan BC, Dart RG, Moskos M, et al: Ectopic pregnancy: prospective study with improved diagnostic accuracy. Ann Emerg Med 28:10, 1996.
4. Kingdom JC, Kelly T, MacLean AB, et al: Rapid one step urine test for human chorionic gonadotropin in evaluating suspected complications of early pregnancy. BMJ 302:1308, 1991.
5. Norman RJ, Buck RH, Rom L, Joubert SM: Blood or urine measurement of human chorionic gonadotropin for detection of ectopic pregnancy? A comparative study of qualitative and quantitative methods in both fluids. Obstet Gynecol 153:724, 1988.
6. Kadar N, Romero R. Further observations on serial human chorionic gonadotropin patterns in ectopic pregnancies and spontaneous abortions. Fertil Steril 50:367, 1988.
7. McCord ML, Muram D, Buster, JE, et al: Single serum progesterone as a screen for ectopic pregnancy: Exchanging specificity and sensitivity to obtain optimal test performance. Fertil Steril 66:513, 1996.
8. Tal J, Haddad S, Gordon N, Timor Tritsch I: Heterotopic pregnancy after ovulation induction and assisted reproductive technologies: A literature review from 1971 to 1993. Fertil Steril 66(1):1, 1996.
9. Jehle D, Davis E, Evans T, et al: Emergency department sonography by emergency physicians. Am J Emerg Med 7:605, 1989.
10. Mateer J, Plummer D, Heller M, et al: Model curriculum for physician training in emergency ultrasound. Ann Emerg Med 23:95, 1994.
11. Schiager D, Lazzareschi G, Whitten D, Sanders AB: A prospective study of ultrasonography in the ED by emergency physicians. Am J Emerg Med 12:185, 1994.
12. Mateer JR, Aiman EJ, Brown MH, Olson DW: Ultrasonographic examination by emergency physicians of patients at risk for ectopic pregnancy. Acad Emerg Med 2:867, 1995.
13. Wojack JC, Clayton MJ, Nolan TE: Outcomes of ultrasound diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy—Dependence on observer experience. Invest Radio¡ 302:115, 1995.
14. Zinn HL, Cohen HL, Zinn DL: Ultrasonographic diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy: Importance of transabdominal imaging. J Ultrasound Med. 16:603, 1997.
15. Nyberg DA, Mack LA, Laning F, et al: Early pregnancy complications: Endovaginal monographic findings correlated with human chorionic gonadotropin levels. Radiology 167:619, 1988.
16. Brown DL, Doubilet PM: Transvaginal sonography for the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy: Positivity and performance characteristics. J Ultrasound Med 13:259, 1994.
17. Spandorfer SD, Barnhart KT: Endometrial stripe thickness as a predictor of ectopic pregnancy. Fertil Steril 66:474, 1996.
18. Kadar N, DeVore G, Romero R: Discriminatory hCG zone: Its use in the sonographic evaluation for ectopic pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 58:156, 1981.
19. Dart RG, Kaplan B, Cox C: Transvaginal ultrasound in patients with low beta-human chorionic gonadotropin values: How often is the study diagnostic? Ann Emerg Med 30:135, 1997.
20. Barnhart K, Mennuti MT, Benjamin I, et al: Prompt diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy in an emergency department setting. Obstet Gynecol 81:1010, 1994.
21. Braffman BH, Coleman BG, Ramchandani P, et al: Emergency department screening for ectopic pregnancy: A prospective US study. Radiology 190:797, 1994.
22. Vermesh M, Graczykowski J, Sauer M: Revaluation of the role of culdocentesis in the management of ectopic pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 162:411, 1990.
23. Krol LV, Abbott T: The current role of culdocentesis. Am J Emerg Med 10:354, 1992.
24. Yao M, Tuland T: Current status of surgical and nonsurgical management of ectopic pregnancy. Fertil Steril 67:421, 1997.
25. Carson SA, Buster JE: Ectopic pregnancy. N Engl J Med 329:1174, 1993.
26. Stovall TG, Ling FW: Single-dose methotrexate: An expanded clinical trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 168:1759, 1993.
27. Ander DS, Ward KR: Medical management of ectopic pregnancy—The role of methotrexate. J Emerg Med 15:177, 1997.
28. Engelsbel HPJ, Mol S, Van der Veen F, et al: Randomized trial of systemic methotrexate versus laparoscopic salpingostomy in tubal pregnancy. Lancet 350:774, 1997.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.