1. Salter RB, Harris WR: Injuries involving the epiphyseal plate. J Bone Joint Surg 45A:587, 1963.
2. Buckwalter JA, Einhorn TA, Bolander ME, Cruess RL: Healing of the musculoskeletal tissues, in Rockwood CA Jr, Green DP, Bucholz RW, Heckman JD (eds.): Fractures in Adults, vol 1, 4th ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1996, pp. 261-304.
3. Schultz RJ: The Language of Fractures. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1972.
4. Antrum RM, Solomkin JS: A Review of antibiotic prophylaxis for open fractures. Orthop Rev 16:246, 1987.
5. Worlock P, Slack R, Harvey L, Mawhinney R: The prevention of infection in open fractures: An experimental study of the effects of antibiotic therapy. J Bone Joint Surg 70A:1341, 1988.
6. Chapman MW, Olson SA: Open fractures, in Rockwood CA Jr, Green DP, Bucholz RW, Heckman JD (eds.): Fractures in Adults, vol 1, 4th ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1996, pp. 305-352.
7. Gustillo RB, Merkow RL, Templeman D: Current concepts review: The management of open fractures. J Bone Joint Surg 72A:229, 1990.
8. Anderson K, Jensen PO, Lauritzen J: Treatment of clavicular fractures: Figure of eight bandage vs. a simple sling. Acta Orthop Scand 57:71, 1987.
9. Whitesides TE Jr, Haney TC, Morimoto K, Harado H: Tissue pressure measurements as a determinant for the need of fasciotomy. Clin Orthop 113:43, 1975.
Was this article helpful?