1. Berk WA, Osbourne DD, Taylor DD: Evaluation of the "golden period" for wound repair: 204 cases from a third world emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 17:496, 1988.
2. Smilanich RP, Bonnet I, Kirkpatrick JR: Contaminated wounds: The effect of initial management on outcome. Am Surg 61:427, 1995.
3. Zimmer CA, Thacker JG, Powell DM, et al: Influence of knot configuration and tying technique on the mechanical performance of suture. J Emerg Med 9:107, 1991.
4. Batra EK, Franz DA, Towler MA, et al: Influence of emergency physician's tying technique on knot security. J Emerg Meü 10:309, 1992.
5. Edlich RF, Thacker JG, McGregor W, et al: Past, present, and future for surgical needles and needle holders. Am J Surg 166:522, 1993.
6. Bickman KR, Lambert RW: Evaluation of skin stapling for wound closure in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 18:1122, 1989.
7. Orlinksy M, Goldberg RM, Chan L, et al: Cost analysis of stapling versus suturing for skin closure. Am J Emerg Med 13:77, 1995.
8. Kanegaye JT, Vance CW, Chan L, Schonfeld N: Comparison of skin stapling devices and standard sutures for pediatric scalp lacerations: A randomized study of cost and time benefits. J Pediatr 130:808, 1997.
9. Edlich RF, Becker DG, Thacker JG, et al: Scientific basis for selecting staple and tape skin closures. Clin Plast Surg 17:571, 1990.
10. Noordzij JP, Foresman PA, Rodeheaver GT, et al: Tissue adhesive wound repair revisited. J Emerg Med 12:645, 1994.
11. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al: A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA 277:1527, 1997.
12. Bruns TB, Robinson BS, Smith RJ, et al: A new tissue adhesive for laceration repair in children. J Pediatr 132:1067, 1998.
13. Singer AJ, Hollander JE, Valentime SM, et al: Prospective, randomized, controlled trial of tissue adhesive (2-octylcyanoacrylate) vs standard wound closure techniques for laceration repair. Acad Emerg Med 5:94, 1998.
14. Quinn J, Maw J, Ramotar KM, et al: Octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive versus suture wound repair in a contaminated wound model. Surgery 122:69, 1997.
15. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al: Tissue adhesive versus suture wound repair at 1 year: Randomized clinical trial correlating early, 3-month, and 1-year cosmetic appearance. Ann Emerg Med 32:645, 1998.
16. Mehta PH, Dunn KA, Bradfield JF, Austin PE: Contaminated wounds: Infection rates with subcutaneous sutures. Ann Emerg Med 27:43, 1996.
17. Jones JS, Gartner M, Drew G, Pack S: The shorthand vertical mattress stitch: Evaluation of a new suture technique. Am J Emerg Med 11:483, 1993.
Was this article helpful?