1. Institute of Medicine: Homelessness, Health, and Human Needs. Washington, National Academy Press, 1988.
2. Link BG, Susser E, Stueve A, et al: Lifetime and five-year prevalence of homelessness in the United States. Am J Public Health 84:1907, 1994.
3. Hibbs JR, Benner L, Klugman L, et al: Mortality in a cohort of homeless adults in Philadelphia. N Engl J Med 331:303, 1994.
4. Hanzlick R: Deaths among the homeless: Atlanta, Georgia. MMWR 36:297, 1997.
5. Hwang SW, Orav EJ, O'Connell JJ: Causes of death in homeless adults in Boston. Ann Intern Med 126:625, 1997.
6. Little GF, Watson DP: The homeless in the emergency department: A patient profile. J Accid Emerg Med 13:415, 1996.
7. Padgett DK, Struening EL, Andrews H, Pittman J: Predictors of emergency room use by homeless adults in New York City: The influence of predisposing, enabling and need factors. Soc Sci Med 41:547, 1995.
8. Brickner PW, Scharer LK, Conanan B, et al (eds): Healthcare of Homeless People. New York, Springer, 1985.
9. Wrenn K: Foot problems in homeless persons. Ann Intern Med 113:567, 1990.
10. Wrenn K: Immersion foot: A problem of the homeless in the 1990s. Arch Intern Med 151:785, 1991.
11. VonVille P, Holtzhauer F, Long T: Tuberculosis among homeless shelter residents. MMWR 40:869, 1991.
12. Koehler JE, Sanchez MA, Garrido CS, et al: Molecular epidemiology of Bartonella infections in patients with bacillary angiomatosis-peliosis. N Engl J Med 337:1876, 1997.
13. Bangsberg D, Tulsky JP, Hacht FM, Moss AR: Protease inhibitors in the homeless. JAMA 278:63, 1997.
14. Gelberg L, Gallagher TC, Andersen RM, Koegel P: Competing priorities as a barrier to medical care among homeless adults in Los Angeles. Am J Public Health 87:217, 1997.
15. Menke EM, Wagner JD: The experience of homeless female-headed families. Issues Mental Health Nurs 18:315, 1997.
16. Murata JE, Mace P, Strehlow A: Disease patterns in homeless children. J Pediatr Nurs 7:196, 1992.
17. Damrosch S, Strassner JA: The homeless eldery in America. J Gerontol Nurs 14:26, 1988.
18. Padgett DK, Struening EL: Influence of substance abuse and mental disorders on emergency room use by homeless adults. Hosp Community Psychiatry 42:834, 1991.
19. Bachrach LL, Santiago JM, Berren MR: Homeless mentally ill patients in the community: Results of a general hospital emergency room study. Community Ment Health J 26:415, 1990. 20. Redelmeier DA, Molin JP, Tibshirani RJ: A randomized trial of compassionate care for the homeless in an emergency department. Lancet 345:1131, 1995.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.