1. Goyco PG, Beckerman RD: Sudden infant death syndrome. Curr Probl Pediatr 20:297, 1990.
2. Merritt TA, Bauer WI, Hasselmeyer EG: Sudden infant death syndrome: The role of the emergency room physician. Clin Pediatr 14:1095, 1975.
3. Shannon DC, Kelly DH: SIDS and near-SIDS [second of two parts]. N Engl J Med 306:1022, 1982.
4. Scwartz PJ, Strambla-Badiale M, Segantini A, et al: Prolongation of the QT interval and the sudden infant death syndrome. N Engl J Med 338:1709, 1998.
5. Guntheroth WG: Sudden infant death syndrome (crib death). Am Heart J 93:784, 1977.
6. Shannon DC, Kelly DH: SIDS and near-SIDS [first of two parts]. N Engl J Med 306:959, 1982.
7. Kahn A, Groswasser J, Sottiaux M, et al: Prone or supine body position and sleep characteristics in infants. Pediatrics 91:1112, 1993.
8. Ponsonby AL, Dwyer T, Gibbons LE, et al: Factors potentiating the risk of sudden infant death syndrome associated with the prone position. N Engl J Med 329:377, 1993.
9. American Academy of Pediatrics, Task Force on Infant Sleeping Position and SIDS: Infant sleep position and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in the United States: Joint Commentary from the American Academy of Pediatrics and selected agencies of the federal government. Pediatrics 93:820, 1994.
10. Willinger M, Hoffman HJ, Hartford RB: Infant sleep position and risk for sudden infant death syndrome: Report of meeting held January 13 and 14, 1994, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD. Pediatrics 93:814, 1994.
11. Chiodini BA, Thach BT: Impaired ventilation in infants sleeping facedown: Potential significance for sudden infant death syndrome. J Pediatr 123:686, 1993.
12. Berger D: Child abuse simulating "near-miss" sudden infant death syndrome. J Pediatr 95:554, 1979.
13. Rosen CL, Frost JD, Glaze DG: Child abuse and recurrent infant apnea. J Pediatr 109:1065, 1986.
14. Meadow R: Suffocation, recurrent apnea, and sudden infant death. J Pediatr 117:351, 1990.
15. Emery JL: Child abuse, sudden infant death syndrome, and unexpected infant death. Am J Dis Child 147:1097, 1993.
16. Reece RM: Fatal child abuse and sudden infant death syndrome: A critical diagnostic decision. Pediatrics 91:423, 1993.
17. Bass M, Kravath RE, Glass L: Death-scene investigation in sudden infant death syndrome. N Engl J Med 315:100, 1986.
18. Carroll JL, Loughlin GM: Sudden infant death syndrome. Pediatr Rev 14:83, 1993.
19. Malloy MH, Hoffman HJ: Prematurity, sudden infant death syndrome, and age of death. Pediatrics 96:464, 1995.
20. Ward SLD, Bautista D, Chan L, et al: Sudden infant death syndrome in infants of substance-abusing mothers. J Pediatr 117:876, 1997.
21. Shannon DC, Kelly DH, O'Connell K: Abnormal regulation of ventilation in infants at risk for sudden infant death syndrome. N Engl J Med 297:747, 1977.
22. Southall DP: Role of apnea in the sudden infant death syndrome: A personal view. Pediatrics 80:73, 1988.
23. Werthammer J, Brown ER, Neff RK, Taeusch HW Jr: Sudden infant death syndrome in infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Pediatrics 69:301, 1982.
24. Gray PH, Rogers Y: Are infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia at risk for sudden infant death syndrome? Pediatrics 93:774, 1994.
25. Bruhn FW, Mokrohisky ST, McIntosh K: Apnea associated with respiratory syncytial virus infection in young infants. J Pediatr 90:382, 1977.
26. Church NR, Anas NG, Hall CB, Brooks JG: Respiratory syncytial virus-related apnea in infants. Am J Dis Child 138:247, 1984.
27. Mitchell EA, Ford RPK, Stewart AW, et al: Smoking and the sudden infant death syndrome. Pediatrics 91:893, 1993.
28. Schoendorf KC, Kiely JL: Relationship of sudden infant death syndrome to maternal smoking during and after pregnancy. Pediatrics 90:905, 1992.
29. Boles RG, Buck EA, Blitzer MG, et al: Retrospective biochemical screening of fatty acid oxidation disorders in postmortem livers of 418 cases of sudden death in the first year of life. J Pediatr 132:924, 1998.
30. Cederbaum SD: SIDS and disorders of fatty acid oxidation: Where do we go from here? J Pediatr 132:913, 1998.
31. Brady JP, McCann EM: Control of ventilation in subsequent siblings of victims of sudden infant death syndrome. J Pediatr 106:212, 1985.
32. Peterson DR, Sabotta EE, Daling JR: Infant mortality among subsequent siblings of infants who died of sudden infant death syndrome. J Pediatr 108:911, 1986.
33. National Institute of Health: Consensus Development Conference on Infantile Apnea and Home Monitoring, Sept 29 to Oct 1, 1986. Pediatrics 79:292, 1987.
34. Weese-Mayer DE, Brouillette RT, Morrow AS, et al: Assessing validity of infant monitor alarms with event recording. J Pediatr 115:702, 1989.
35. American Academy of Pediatrics-Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect and Committee on Community Health Services: Investigation and review of unexpected infant and child deaths. Pediatrics 92:734, 1993.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.