1. Luterman A, Curreri PW: Chemical burn injury, in Boswick JA (ed): The Art and Science of Burn Care. Rockville, MD, Aspen, 1987, pp 233-239.
2. Rice RH, Cohen DE: Toxic responses of the skin, in Klaassen CD, Amdur MO, Doull J (eds): Cassaret and Doull's Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1996, pp 529-546.
3. Jelenko C: Chemicals that "burn." J Trauma 14:65, 1974
4. Hunter DM, Timerding BL, Leonard RB, et al: Effects of isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, and polyethylene glycol/industrial methylated spirits in treatment of acute phenol burns. Ann Emerg Med 21:1303, 1992.
5. Chan TC, Williams SR, Clark RF: Formic acid skin burns resulting in systemic toxicity. Ann Emerg Med 26:383, 1995.
6. Graudins A, Burns MJ, Aaron CK: Regional intravenous infusion of calcium gluconate for hydrofluoric acid burns of the upper extremity. Ann Emerg Med 30:604, 1997.
7. Williams JM, Hammad A, Cottington EC, Harchelroad FP: Intravenous magnesium in the treatment of hydrofluoric acid burns in rats. Ann Emerg Med 23:464, 1994.
8. Borkhart KK, Brent J, Kirk MA, et al: Comparison of topical magnesium and calcium treatment for dermal hydrofluoric acid burns. Ann Emerg Med 24:9, 1994.
9. Woolf A, Shaw J: Childhood injuries from artificial nail primer cosmetic products. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:41, 1998.
10. Yeong EK, Ming CT, Mann R, et al: Facial mutilation after an assault with chemicals: 15 cases and literature review. J Burn Care Rehabil 18:234, 1997.
11. Hansbrough JF, Zapata-Sirvent R, Dominic W, et al: Hydrocarbon contact injuries. J Trauma 25:250, 1985.
12. Borak J, Sidell FR: Agents of chemical warfare: Sulfur mustard. Ann Emerg Med 21:303, 1992.
13. Hallock GG: Mechanisms of burn injury secondary to airbag deployment. Ann Plast Surg 39:111, 1997.
14. Wagoner MD: Chemical injuries of the eye: Current concepts in pathophysiology and therapy. Surv Ophthalmol 41:275, 1997.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.