1. Skinner MA, Grosfeld JL: Inguinal and umbilical hernia repair in infants and children. Surg Clin North Am 73:439, 1993.
2. Gallegos NC, Dawson J, Jarvis M, et al: Risk of strangulation in groin hernias. Br J Surg 78:1171, 1991.
3. Scherer LR, Grosfeld JL: Inguinal hernia and umbilical anomalies. Pediatr Clin North Am 40:1121, 1993.
4. Bergstein JM, Condon RE: Obturator hernia: Current diagnosis and treatment. Surgery 119:133, 1996.
5. Sahdev P, Garramone RR, Desani B, et al: Traumatic abdominal hernia. Am J Emerg Med 10:237, 1992.
6. Mensching JJ, Musielewicz AJ: Abdominal wall hernias. Emerg Med Clin North Am 14:739, 1996.
7. Akin ML, Karakaya M, Batkin A, et al: Prevalence of inguinal hernia in otherwise healthy males of 20 to 22 years of age. J R Army Med Corps 143:101, 1997.
8. Millikan KW, Deziel DJ: The management of hernia: Considerations in cost effectiveness. Surg Clin North Am 76:105, 1996.
9. Primatesta P, Goldacre MJ: Inguinal hernia repair: Incidence of elective and emergency surgery, readmission and mortality. Int J Epidemiol 25:835, 1996.
10. Kadirov S, Sayfan J, Friedman S, et al: Richter's hernia—A surgical pitfall. J Am Coll Surg 182:60, 1996.
11. Torzilli G, Carmana G, Lumachi V, et al: The usefulness of ultrasonography in the diagnosis of the spigelian hernia. Int Surg 80:280, 1995.
12. Mufid MM, Abu-Yousef MM, Kakish ME, et al: Spigelian hernia: Diagnosis by high resolution real-time sonography. J Ultrasound Med 16:183, 1997.
13. Hojer AM, Rygaard H, Jess P: CT in the diagnosis of abdominal wall hernias: A preliminary study. Eur Radiol 7:1416, 1997.
14. Gahukamble DE, Khamage AS : Early versus delayed repair of reduced incarcerated inguinal hernias in the pediatric population. J Pediatr Surg 31: 1218, 1996.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.