1. Mettler FA Jr: Assessment and Management of Local Radiation Injury, in Mettler FA Jr, Kelsey CA, Ricks RC (eds): Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 1990, p 128.
2. Leonard RB, Ricks RC: Emergency department radiation accident protocol. Ann Emerg Med 9:462-470, 1980.
3. Mettler FA, Kelsey CA, Ricks RC (eds): Medical Management of Radiation Accidents. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 1990.
4. McCarthy PL Jr: A perspective on clinical disorders of radiation accident victims. Stem Cells 15(Suppl 2):122, 1997.
5. Voelz GL, Bushberg JT: Medical management of internal contamination accidents, in Raabe O (ed): Internal Radiation Dosimetry, Proceedings of the Health Physics Society, Madison, WI, Medical Physics Publishers, 1994, pp 602-605.
6. Voelz GL: Evaluation and treatment of persons exposed to internally deposited radionuclides, in Mettler FA Jr, Kelsey CA, Ricks RC (eds): Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 1990, p 164.
7. Mettler FA Jr: Effects of whole body irradiation, in Mettler FA Jr, Kelsey CA, Ricks RC (eds): Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 1990, p 82.
8. Wald N: Acute radiation injury and their medical management, in Mossman KL, Mills WA (eds): The Biological Basis of Radiation Protection Practice, Health Physics Society, Baltimore, MD, William & Wilkins, 1992, p 188.
9. Kastengerg WE: Principal issues and future projects of nuclear energy, in Champlin RE (ed): Radiation accidents and nuclear energy: Medical consequences and therapy. Ann Intern Med 109:739, 1998.
10. American Medical Association: A Guide to the Hospital Management of Injuries Arising from Exposure to or Involving Ionizing Radiation, Chicago, IL, AMA, 1984.
11. Gale RP: Immediate medical consequences of nuclear accidents. Lessons from Chernobyl. JAMA 285:627, 1987.
12. Berger ME, Ricks RC: Management of emergency care for radiation accident victims, in Miller KL (ed): CRC Handbook of Management of Radiation Protection Programs, 2d ed. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 1992, p 106.
13. Ricks RC: Hospital Emergency Department Management of Radiation Accidents, Oak Ridge, TN, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 1984, p 6.
14. Streffer C, Lake JV, Bock GR, Cardew G (eds): Biological effects of prenatal irradiation, in Lake JV, Bock GR, Cardew G (eds): Health Impacts of Large Releases of Radionuclides. Ciba Foundation Symposium 203, New York, John Wiley, 1997, pp 155-163.
15. Mettler FA Jr, Upton AC (eds): Radiation exposure in utero, in Mettler FA Jr, Upton AC (eds): Medical Effects of Ionizing Radiation, 2d ed. Philadelphia, PA, WB Saunders, 1995, pp 322-325.
16. US Nuclear Regulatory Commission: Instructions Concerning Prenatal Radiation Exposure, Washington, DC, US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1987. US Nuclear Regulatory Guide 8.13, Rev. 2.
17. Brent RL: Protocols: Ionizing radiation. Contemp Obstet Gynecol 8:25, 1987.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.