1. Berg CJ, Atrash HK, Koonin LM, Tucker M: Pregnancy-related mortality in the United States, 1987-1990. Obstet Gynecol 88:161, 1996.
2. Harper M, Parsons L: Maternal deaths due to homicide and other injuries in North Carolina: 1992-1994. Obstet Gynecol 90:920, 1997.
3. Dannenberg AL, Carter DM, Lawson HW, et al: Homicide and other injuries as causes of maternal death in New York City, 1987 through 1991. Am J Obstet Gynecol 172:1557, 1995.
4. Archer GW Jr, Marx GF: Arterial oxygen tension during apnoea in parturient women. Br J Anaesth 46:358, 1974.
5. Sobrevilla LA, Cassinelli MT, Carcelen A, et al: Human fetal and maternal oxygen tension and acid-base status during delivery at high altitude. Am J Obstet Gynecol 111:1111, 1971.
6. Crosby ET: The difficult airway in obstetric anesthesia, in Benumof JL (ed): Airway Management: Principles and Practice. St. Louis, Mosby-Year Book, 1996.
7. Davies JM, Weets S, Crone LA, Paulin E: Difficult intubation in the parturient. Can J Anaesth 36:668, 1989.
8. Cheek TG, Gutsche BB: Maternal physiologic alterations during pregnancy, in Shnider SM, Levinson G (eds): Anesthesia for Obstetrics, 3d ed, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1993.
9. Rees GAD, Willis BA: Resuscitation in late pregnancy. Anaesthesia 43:347, 1988.
10. Ornato JP, Paradis N, Bircher N, et al: Future directions for resuscitation research: III. External cardiopulmonary resuscitation advanced life support. Resuscitation 32:139, l996.
11. Chandra NC, et al: Textbook of Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. New York, American Heart Association, 1994.
12. Strong TH, Lowe RV: Perimortem cesarean section. J Emerg Med 7:489, 1989.
13. Dillon WD, Lee RV, Tronolone MJ, et al: Life support during maternal brain death during pregnancy. JAMA 248:1089, 1982.
14. Marx GF, Mateo CV: Effects of different oxygen concentrations during general anaesthesia for elective caesarean sections. Can Anaesth Soc J 18:587,1971.
15. Selden BS, Burke TJ: Complete maternal and fetal recovery after prolonged cardiac arrest. Ann Emerg Med 17:346,1988.
16. Ryan TJ, Anderson JL, Antman EM, et al: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with acute myocardial infarction: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee on Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction). J Am Coll Cardiol 28:1328, 1996.
17. Turrentine MA, Braems G, Ramirez MM: Use of thrombolytics for the treatment of thromboembolic disease during pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol Surv 50:534, 1995.
18. Esposito RA, Grossi EA, Coppa G, et al: Successful treatment of postpartum shock caused by amniotic fluid embolism with cardiopulmonary bypass and pulmonary artery thromboembolectomy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 163:572, 1990.
19. Oates S, Williams GL, Rees GGAD: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in late pregnancy. Br Med J 297:404, 1988.
Was this article helpful?