1. Lavelle JM, Shaw KN, Seidl T, Ludwig S: Ten-year review of pediatric bathtub near drownings: Evaluation for child abuse and neglect. Ann Emerg Med 25:344, 1995.
2. Logan P, Branche CM, Sacks JJ, et al: Childhood drownings and fencing of outdoor pools in the United States, 1994. Pediatrics 101:E3, 1998.
3. Asher KN, Rivara FP, Felix D, et al: Water safety training as a potential means of reducing risk of young children's drowning. Inj Prev 1:228, 1995.
4. Modell JH: Drowning. N Engl J Med 328:253, 1993.
5. Allman FD, Nelson WB, Pacentine GA, et al: Outcome following cardiopulmonary resuscitation in severe pediatric near-drowning. Am J Dis Child 140:571, 1986.
6. Christensen DW, Jansen P, Perkin RM: Outcome and acute care hospital costs after warm water near drowning in children. Pediatrics 99:715, 1997.
7. Conn AW, Miyasaka K, Katayama M, et al: A canine study of cold water drowning in fresh versus salt water. Crit Care Med 23:2029, 1995.
8. Bolte RG, Black PG, Bowers RS, et al: The use of extracorporeal rewarming in a child submerged for 66 minutes. JAMA 260:377, 1988.
9. Nussbaum E, Maggi JC: Pentobarbital therapy does not improve neurologic outcome in nearly drowned, flaccid-comatose children. Pediatrics 81:630, 1988.
10. Zuckerman GB, Gregory PM, Santos-Damiani SM: Predictors of death and neurologic impairment in pediatric submersion injuries. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:134, 1998.
11. Spack L, Gedeit R, Splaingard M, et al: Failure of aggressive therapy to alter outcome in pediatric near-drowning. Pediatr Emerg Care 13:98, 1997.
12. Quan L, Kinder D: Pediatric submersions: Prehospital predictors of outcome. Pediatrics 90:909, 1992.
13. Pratt FD, Haynes BE: Incidence of "secondary drowning" after saltwater submersion. Ann Emerg Med 15:1084, 1986.
14. Szpilman D: Near-drowning and drowning classification: A proposal to stratify mortality based on the analysis of 1,831 cases. Chest 112:660, 1997.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.