1. Finch CA, Huebers H: Perspectives in iron metabolism. N Engl J Med 306:1520, 1982.
2. Tenenbein M, Israels SJ: Early coagulopathy in severe iron poisoning. J Pediatr 113:695, 1988.
3. Tenenbein M, Kopelow ML, deSa DJ: Myocardial failure and shock in iron poisoning. Human Toxicol 7:281, 1988.
4. Schauben JL, Augenstein WL, Cox J, Sato R: Iron poisoning: Report of three cases and a review of therapeutic intervention. J Emerg Med 8:309, 1990.
5. Burkhart KK, Kulig KW, Hammond KB, et al: The rise in the total iron-binding capacity after iron overdose. Ann Emerg Med 20:532, 1991.
6. Ling LJ, Hornfeldt CS, Winter JP: Absorption of iron after experimental overdose of chewable vitamins. Am J Emerg Med 9:24, 1991.
7. Lacouture PG, Wason S, Temple AR, et al: Emergency assessment of severity in iron overdose by clinical and laboratory methods. J Pediatr 99:89, 1981.
8. Chyka PA, Butler AY: Assessment of acute iron poisoning by laboratory and clinical observations. Am J Emerg Med 11:99, 1993.
9. Palatnick W, Tenenbein M: Leukocytosis, hyperglycemia, vomiting, and positive x-rays are not indicators of severity of iron poisoning. Am J Emerg Med 14:454, 1996.
10. Bentur Y, St Louis P, Klein J, Koren G: Misinterpretation of iron-binding capacity in the presence of deferoxamine. J Pediatr 118:139, 1991.
11. Foxford R, Goldfrank LR: Gastrotomy: A surgical approach to iron overdose. Ann Emerg Med 14:1223, 1985.
12. Daly AL, Velazquez LA, Bradley SF, Kauffman CA: Mucormycosis: Association with deferoxamine therapy. Am J Med 87:468, 1989.
13. Koren G, Bentur Y, Strong D, et al: Acute changes in renal function associated with deferoxamine therapy. Am J Dis Child 143:1077, 1989.
14. Tenenbein M, Kowalski S, Sienko A, et al: Pulmonary toxic effects of continuous desferrioxamine administration in acute iron poisoning. Lancet 339:699, 1992.
15. Yatscoff RW, Wayne EA, Tenenbein M: An objective criterion for the cessation of deferoxamine therapy in the acutely iron poisoned patient. Clin Toxicol 29:1, 1991.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.